CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

We ended up with ...


Six strong blasts!

Wow.

I was so startled to hear these words - straight from Dr H's mouth - that I missed most of what he said afterward.

I was hoping - best-case scenario - that we'd have one or two ok ones for transfer.

Six exceeds my wildest expectations.

I cannot, cannot, cannot believe that after all of our shitty luck on this crap for years and years ... something actually went according to plan (so far...).

Doc verified my OHSS status. I do have fluid leaking into my torso: that is why it hurts to breathe, walk too fast, laugh, sneeze, etc. He said we were taking a risk by transferring in spite of the OHSS - since the symptoms will get worse if pregnancy occurs - but that he was willing to try it, if I was.

The embryologist did assisted hatching yesterday, but apparently it wasn't really needed, as all the embies were hatching independently. YEAH!!!

The transfer itself - of 2 - went smoothly. I had to piss like a racehorse, so DH kept humming in my ear a song he made up about Niagara Falls and bubbling brooks.(Thanks, honey.)

I got to keep the petri dish. I don't know what I'll do with it. I guess it'll make an interesting candy dish. I didn't get a picture, like I did last time. But I don't care.

Dr H said that our chance of a clinical pregnancy this round is 81%, and if it doesn't work, then a subsequent FET should (crossed fingers) do the trick. He said that our cycle was near-perfect - ah! I fear those words! let's not jinx it all! - and that in the 'IVF World,' we are both considered very fertile. (So I guess DH's sample turned out pretty good, after all! The extra strength vitamins and organic food and exercise did make a big difference.) The doctor also said that if we were living in a country that funded IVF (like Israel), he would just say to keep trying, and that we would eventually succeed.

Wow, wow, wow.

I'm embarrassed to say all this. I was even hesistant to write it all out here: feel like I'm going to jinx it.

And I feel guilty, thinking about everyone else I know in the blogosphere whose TTC plans have gone awry.

Another couple was in at the same time, and from what we gathered (there was only a cloth curtain separating us, otherwise I never would have listened in), all their embies arrested overnight, and they were left with nothing to transfer. That could have been us. That should have been us.

______________________________________________

Afterward, we walked to a tiny little creperie and had the most fantastic French crepes ever: brie with raspberry jam. Oh my goodness. DH stared lustfully at my crepe, but I did not allow him to have a bite! And I snagged a cream cheese-salmon-dill crepe, as well, for an afternoon snack!

The sun was dancing up and down in the bosom of the sky! ;)
______________________________________________

Finally, I went for acupuncture. Was too wound up to sleep: I just wanted to go yell my joy with DH!

12 comments:

Kate said...

Wow. Congrats!

Britt said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I am going to go crazy over the next 2 weeks for you!!! I am praying both take and you will have twins!!! :) love u!

PCOSDC said...

FANTASTIC! So when do we pee on a stick?

'Murgdan' said...

Ahhhh! Yay! I'm so excited for you!

one-hit_wonder said...

We POAS 9dp5dt (=14dpo)! I won't do it sooner than that because of the hassle I had last time. I tested at 9dp3dt and 10dp3dt, and got negatives, and then the tests were so fuzzy that I wasn't sure whether or not I'd read them correctly. And lines showed up after 10 minutes; they were there the whole time, actually, but incredibly faint. So that was a crazy 2 days until I took a digital on 11dp3dt! I hate POAS! lol

loribeth said...

Sounds very promising!! : ) Fingers & toes crossed for you! I hope your OHSS clears up too.

Gabby said...

just found your blog.. praying for calm during this 2 week wait.. you are smart to wait for the POAS.. i know that will be hard. i am in my fist IVF cycle and eff retrieval is scheduled for the 11th.. i wish you the best!

..al said...

"That could have been us. That should have been us. "

OHW, evreybody brings their share of the luck to the table....don't hink that Fate hs a common lottery to pay each of its victims...see, this is why I need to keep my boxing gloves ready.

It is F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C. that 6 rockstars are lighting your sky!

You not only have the sun dancing up and down the bosom of the sky...I think it is doing a total DISCO right now!!! (Hey, that was a very original poetic expression by you). ; )

I am very glad that DH was there to support you all the time! Like a racehorse??? LOLOL..

All the very very best!!!


(P.S. the day I was in the post-operative room after my ET, I shared a room with an ectopic and another ET case. Life did not work out for all the three of us. Huge coincidence....but that is all that there is...).... Have a chocolate!

Jackie said...

That is great news!! It sounds very promising, and for the doctor to even be optimistic... it can't get better than that (at this point anyway), right? You sound absolutely blissful, and I'll definitely be hoping that this is it for you! :)

..al said...

I read the comment I posted and realized what cracking typos I have committed. Forgive me for that....

Michele said...

Congratulations! Hopefully, you will one day have six babies in your arms! (Of course, not all at once!) Praying for these two special ones inside! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that is great news!