CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

6w2d

After today, one week until the ultrasound.


I need some symptoms, man. I feel so depressingly normal. Here's what I've got for you from yesterday:
1) Sore-ish boobies.
2) Crampy abdomen.
3) Acne on my nose, of all places, and on my hairline. I haven't experienced that since I was, oh, 14 years old? (I also broke out on my decolletege 4 or 5 days ago, which has never happened to me. Ick.)


Someone mentioned to me the possibility of twins, which freaks me out. lol (No, really, it does - partly because of my bad back and partly because of the health risks to all parties - not that I wouldn't be delighted with two babies, of course.) Is it possible to have twins with relatively low beta numbers? I dunno. I guess if an embie split - which is entirely possible, especially since we did ICSI and AH, which increases the chance of that happening - they'd be sharing a placenta, right? Which would mean that the HCG wouldn't necessarily be higher? Ah, I don't know: I am definitely not well versed in science-y type things, and I don't feel like googling them. My hope is for a healthy babe; that's all I can ask for and more.

7 comments:

..al said...

Amen for a healthy baby/healthy babies...Did somebody send you that Babymed link which estimates the beta values....and gluck gluck gluck...

Responses!

WA: Thank You! No you have the same metal, you should seriously try it out once...worst come worst, you would not do the list, that's all! Just reply to those who write on your blog and that will be fine!

RRS: Feel Shallow; I am bored. It is not that I do not see the pending stuff...it just does not interest me to speed up the completion... I was just having a bout of 'Can I run away from here?' today. I was feeling lazy. That's all!

Kristy said...

Hmmm who could that someone be?

I know many a cysters who had mulitples with lowish betas.

1 week and counting.....

Michele said...

With Nick and Sophie, my first beta was 64, my second was 1- something, and my third was in the mid 300s. (For comparison, Alex's first beta was 47). With these twins, my first beta was 119 (I think) and the third beta was 2000 something (I forget what the second was again!). Both sets of twins were fraternal. With Nick and Sophie, Dr. L. felt that they implanted late, which accounted for the lower twin betas. Progesterone, in her opinion, is the real kicker. The higher the progesterone, the higher the chance of multiples. Nick and Sophie were 36. Which is around what these twins were (they were 40 something). Betas are a fairly poor indicator of multiples, according to our RE and our experience. My girlfriend, who has only had singles (and has conceived the old fashioned way) has always had betas that stomped mine.

Regardless, GOOD LUCK! I cant wait to hear an update!

..al said...

LOLOL...you could not resist reading, could you? You were warned!

: )

L.A. Mommy said...

Congrats!

**ICLW**

Anonymous said...

my first beta with the twins was only 125 ... honestly i had a great pregnancy with no complications ... and a vaginal birth .. just wanted to offer some reassurance .. :)
~Susan

one-hit_wonder said...

Wise: No I haven't seen the Babymed link - will go check it out!
And I'm having a lazy few days, too!

Kristy: Well, I wasn't going to come out and SAY it was you. ;)

Michele: Doesn't the fact that I'm on Prometrium affect what would be my 'normal' progesterone levels, though? Or not?

Susan: Thanks. When did you have your beta, though? Mine was =19dpo.