CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

beta

Beta: 113. The nurse said that is fine, and I go in on Tuesday (have to wait 4 days instead of 2 because it's a long weekend) to repeat the b/w.

It's been a weird, weird day. Will post more tomorrow.

Thanks ever so much for the love, people. *Insert heart here*

17 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, sorry you'll be in limbo over the long weekend. But congrats on the beta being much better than I thought it would be with your reports of barely-there lines on the pee sticks. Hope it keeps going up...

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! Oh, I am so so so so so excited for you! woot woot!


Ursula

Kate said...

Thanks for checking on me. I think the results will be very different too. I'm kind of scared about trying to stim just before my exam, but don't know if I'll be much more stressed than I would be monitoring a natural cycle and hoping that I'd ovulate at some point to keep things on track. I think that'd be really stressful too. At least this way the drugs will be in control, and the timeline once I start them somewhat set.
I'm also kind of scared that the stims he's suggesting might be too aggressive. He started off saying 75IU Gonal-F and 150IU Menopur (which I've never used before). He said the 150IU menopur was the equivalent of about 100-112.5IU Gonal-F. So that would have had me stimming about at what I did last time round. When I wanted to make sure I had that right, he then asked if I wanted to be more aggressive or less aggressive. And then bumped the Gonal-F dose up to 150IU as well, which seems like a lot to me. I wonder if I might talk him down to 112.5IU Gonal-F as a half-way point. I think he wanted to see what my baseline hormone levels are before deciding.
And I have no idea how we're going to swing possibly doing the monitoring the day of my exam in Ottawa at OFC. He didn't seem to think it'd be a problem - I hope he has friends there, cause they normally charge a $400 registration fee and $1800 satellite monitoring fee. And I don't really want to pay an extra $2200 for 1 days worth of monitoring. I'll see what he says next week...
Hope the weekend's not too agonizing for you and DH (yeah right!).

Britt said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!

the misfit said...

What's with all the blunt affect and all? Excuse me, but some of us have never BEEN pregnant - 113 is just a number. But that's POSITIVE, right? CONGRATULATIONS!!

Brianne Porterfield said...

yayyyy thats an awesome number.. now double double double double double double double ... okay that sounds weird when I say it too many times but you know what I mean!! sticky thoughts!!!

Brie

..al said...

113....1...1...3....113! Yes Please!


Wow!

I tried inserting my heart, but the machine says bleep!

Happy Feet!

..al said...

RRS: You know several things from that list are not for us, but for folks back here....so, even though I brought back several things, my personal loot is limited! Hey, from whatever I have, barring chocolates anything can be had!

'Murgdan' said...

Wonderful! That is a great first beta! :-) Hang in there over the next few days!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best!!

Ruth said...

Yeah!!! congrats!! Will be praying that your beta results on Tues will be FANTASTIC!

Felicia said...

Oh that is wonderful news hun! I have been checking in because you have been on my mind. I will keep you in my prayers and hope the beta keeps heading on up!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - that's an excellent beta! Sending lots of love and stickydust your way!!!

- Daisy

Susan said...

yay congrats ..my first beta was only 109 with the twins!!

Victoria said...

Congratulations. You did it! On tuesday you beta will be way higher. Enjoy every minute of it.

Michele said...

Yay! Great number! Cant wait for the retest!

Positive thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

sorry am a bit late but thats a great first beta!! sending you some hang in there vibes until beta# 2.

xx