I decided that - instead of sitting here on the gestation station (aka: my living room couch), I should be proactive and go get an OB referral for the 5 weeks I have left in this city. I thought that maybe if I mentioned that to get to this point I've sold my house, quit my job, moved out of province, spent over $30,000, and wasted 7 years, a nice OB would take pity on me and schedule an ultrasound for next week. I planned to ask the referring gp for a repeat beta, as well.
What else could I do? I can't focus on my work, anyway.
So I dressed up in my most appropriate clothing: a conference bag (hint to doctors: she's an aspiring academic, so take her seriously) ... and my vintage M*A*S*H t-shirt (hey, at least I'm still clinging to my sense of humour).
Took the (chronically broken) elevator down to the main floor; the guy fixing it reeked of booze. How comforting.
I toddled to the nearest walk-in, which according to the web site was open until 7 p.m. tonight.
Closed 10 minutes before I arrived. Of course.
So I went to a small organic store, bought myself strawberries and locally made yogurt (which actually cost less than buying conventional products at a chain store), and went home. Now I'm watching NASCAR and prepping dinner. The walk did make me feel a drop better.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Hot Lips Houlihan
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 4:23 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Mmmm... Strawberries and yogurt... I love shopping at our organic market. It's wonderful and very cost effective. And, best of all, it's local!
It never hurts to call an OB. I'd bring up your history and let them know how important this is for you. Perhaps that will sway them in your favor?
Have you tried talking to Dr.H about an earlier u/s? They know what you've been through so maybe they would be understanding of you situation.
Aww, I'm sorry the clinic was closed :( I'm glad the walk made you feel a little better though :)
Doctors' offices can be so USELESS. But I don't see why you couldn't persuade some OB to take you on. Since you'll be moving soon, s/he knows s/he won't have to get up in the middle of the night to deliver the baby, so why not?
I love Strawberries...one of the more expensive fruits around here..
I wish that the clinic were not closed....disappointing....but maybe another time, a little bit earlier?
I'm so glad to see I'm not the last 4077 lover out there ;)
sara
Post a Comment