CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 25, 2009

5w00t6d

Nervous and morose. Not as bad as stims or the 2ww or POAS hell or beta hell. But I'm getting there again. *Grimace* I woke up with all my symptoms gone. I'm very worried, of course, that the embryo has stopped developing, and that I'll find out about it only at the 8w ultrasound.

I want an u/s now, or at least another beta.

Not much for symptoms yesterday (no tingles or anything going on in my uterus), either. Even the bbs weren't really sore. So I'm hoping, of course, for the onset of more symptoms that can't be related to Prometrium or Estrace. Like morning sickness. Only TTC vets get excited, of course, about the prospect of barfing. I was reading up on when m/s might start, and it could be as soon as 6w, which is tomorrow.

I have felt the slightest, barest nausea from time to time, but really, if this were a 'natural' and unplanned pregnancy, I don't think I would have noticed it. Besides, nausea is a s/e of the supps. Errrrrr. My stomach was unhappy for a few seconds yesterday before I ate breakfast. But that could also be anything.

In the meantime, I'll have to assume that my fatigue every morning is a bonafide symptom. Right? I had to lie down again at 11 yesterday morning - I felt as though I was being hit by a tidal wave of exhaustion. I'm fine with that - if it's a pregnancy symptom, I'll take it.

I think I will sign up with a local midwife, even though I'm moving this summer and it really doesn't pay. Maybe she will allay my fears. Would she give me an ultrasound?

I really feel sorry for all of my IF- and baby-related medical practitioners. I think, if everything keeps progressing, I'm going to be a labour-intensive (no pun intended) patient. But honestly, who can blame me? This is all too good to be true. Surely something will go awry.

7 comments:

..al said...

Nothing is going awry....you really need somebody to give you a hug...

I am sending an ambulance to your home...the nurse will hold you every 20 minutes and give you flying kisses every 30 minutes and yes shall repeat, YOU ARE PREGGERS, every 50 minutes!

You are being jumpy and I totally understand...

Fatigue is a very common symptom...one of my colleagues used to sleep it out in her cabin after he lunch was over, when she was expecting her son, she just had to get that sleep....

You are OK...breathe!


RRS: Thank You. I am still not knowing everything....we will be calling up my MIL in the evening....

Michele said...

Our midwife (whom I still use for "woman" care but cant use for home midwifery care b/c I'm HR) doesnt have an u/s machine. The only m/w who have u/s machines ar the ones associated with hospitals or birthing centers.

My symptoms come and go too. It's your body getting used to things. Try not to worry, as hard as it is.

Warm thoughts!

Victoria said...

OHW,if you still want to be sure, why not try a walk-in clinic? Still. I believe you're still having a viable pregnancy.

Kate said...

If I ever get pregnant again, I want wise guy's nurse to come to my house too!

I wish i could say something to allay your fears- but hell, I had them too, and will again if I am so lucky. But for now, just know that amazing things can be going on with little to no ado-- seriously, so many folks go through these first few months without even knowing they are pregnant (NOT IFERS I SAY) so-- hang in there but please do ask for what you need-- if you want more blood work ask for it.
ask if tracking your temperature (BBT) means anything since you are on supplements, and if it does, at least you can see that your temp is still up each day-- I am wishing you all good things and hang in there. Good luck and truly, congratulations.
thinking of you,
Kate

Danielle said...

My severe m/s didn't really kick in until closer to the end of week 7 and by golly, I never saw it coming!

The fatigue - that my dear is a symptom and it too may get better before it's worse.

I dunno what it is about us IVF patients and how we crave confirmation through suffering - but it's common... very very common. If we're not hurting, suffering or uncomfortable then it must mean something isn't working.

The good news is that on this side of the fence, it doesn't have to be that way. It's OK to feel happy, healthy and vibrant. No need for yaking, sore boobs, tender abdomen, constipation or insomnia... it's ok just to be pregnant as is.

Best of luck. I know it's a hard transition to make, but by golly it's wicked amazing.

DBug

Kate said...

I'd call Dr H and ask for another beta. Tell them you're going insane. Or get a beta done by a family doc or walk-in.
By 6wks, they should be able to scan and at the very least see a gestational sac and possibly fetal pole. Of course I had that and it went to hell in a handbasket by 8.5 weeks, but still - I was glad to have seen that things were progressing as they should rather than waiting it out.
I guess no matter where we are in the process, we're in limbo somehow. I can't decide if I should bug them to come in on the weekend, or if I should just "forget it" for a week and see what's up on Monday. Maybe the stress of the exams will keep things at Day3 till then?

the misfit said...

Of course something always CAN go wrong further on down the line, but it sure sounds to me like you're a normal pregnant woman! I hear everyone is crazy tired. What else would cause that tiredness but pregnancy? But I totally understand about the paranoia. I would be paranoid, too...