One of my most difficult students from my last teaching position e-mailed me last night to apologize for being a jerk, and he said that I inspired him, and that he has turned his life around in high school. (I never thought he was a jerk, incidentally, just a very troubled kid whom I actually liked a lot.) I was so touched. If that doesn't mellow me out somewhat, then what could?
____________________________
Symptom check:
-boobs still a touch sore, but not really
-no excessive fatigue in the last few days
-nothing...
Urgh...
I guess I could've asked for the beta yesterday, after all, just to ensure that the levels were not dropping. Oh well.
My midwife said that the sudden disappearance of symptoms is common. I'm clinging to that thought.
Got a few downloads from her, too, re: midwifery care. It all sounds great to me. Very woman-centred.
I'm going for a massage today, courtesy of my DH's awesome insurance company. My neck is still hurting, so I hope it helps somewhat. I'm thinking of starting up physiotherapy again, just so that my back doesn't go to $hit if this 'baby' thing actually works out, especially since I've had to stop my workout routine. I can't wait to move next month because it means I'll be within commuting distance of my old miracle-worker chiropractor. I've gone two years without chiropractic care; I'm amazed that I made it this long.
Ok, enough boring blather; see you later.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
6w1d
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:30 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Don't invest too much thought into symptoms. I had really bad morning sickness with #2 and was even still barfing while miscarrying. Clearly symptoms are not a good indicator of a healthy pregnancy!
oooh a massage... i want! bedrest is a b!tch on your back! have a great time.
your m/w is right; symptoms come and. i know that doesnt make you feel better, but you arent alone!
Your blather is never boring!
Wow for the massage! Love the fringe benefits of those kinds!
I think I understand in a way, about what the student said...I think that is one of the most valuable experience of being a teacher - the impact that one can have... Hugs And Appreciation!
Symptoms receding and increasing are normal...I don't know that from first hand experience, but a pregger lady said that initially, her rising appetite was the only thing she knew for sure...
What a fab comment from your former student. Nice to know they get on the right path and even better when you had something to do with it. Well done!
Kristy: Oh, I hope you're right!
Michele: You should get a therapist to make a house call! They usually cost only $20 more. Sounds as though you need it!
Post a Comment