I tested again this morning with FMU, and it still looks like a BFN, or at least the suggestion of a chemical. There is a whisper of a ghost of a line. I don't know what to think, though I do know that if I were pregnant, I should have A SOLID LINE on it by now.
I can't post pictures - both my cameras refuse to upload them. And anyway, you can't see the anything of the almost-nonexistent test line on the shots, so sticking them here would be pointless.
I don't have a gp - they're in short supply and I'm on a number of waiting lists - so can't get a beta done there. I really don't think my RE will order one early, and besides, it's too late to go there today. A walk-in might be my best shot, but would I get the results today?
I hate this.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
10dp5dt: in the depths of POAS hell
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 8:09 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
Why in the world do they make you wait so long? You are 15 days past ovulation. That is plenty of time to wait.
I don't know why. All the Canadian clinics seem to do this. My original beta day, actually, was supposed to be 2 days later yet - on Sunday! I was already thrilled that the nurse moved it to Friday!
Hugs and super Hugs. I hate that it's not cut and dry for you! I just hope that you get your beta results soon and can be at peace. I'm sure this is tearing you up not knowing.
Thinking of you!
Sara
I'm so sorry, I hope you can get the walk-in clinic to do it. That is pure torture. I hope it is just a fluke since it was a $ store test. *fingers crossed*
Oh, sweetie... Dont give up hope! My first positive HPTs were really, really light for a few days.
A yes/no hCG test can come back within an hour or two; an exact number takes 3-4 hours. (This at our RE's office... I'm not sure about a walk-in clinic.) The waiting just sucks. I am always on nerve's end waiting.
Have you tried calling your RE? Maybe if you explain the situation they will take pity and do a test early? You could still do Friday's test, too, but this would hopefully give you a yes/no.
Fingers still crossed!
Well this sucks! Not what I was expecting to happen at all - hope the pee sticks are wrong.
I think they wait so long to let the chemical pregs fade away so that the answer when they finally do the beta is more obvious. By 18dpo, you're either pretty darn pregnant, or not. Still, the extra wait is torture, and they should know that may be easier to know that you had a chemical and something really did try to implant, vs absolutely nothing happening at all.
Hope you get a real answer soon...
I'm sorry those pee-sticks are being so confusing! I know that with mine, I truly thought I was having a chemical up to the time I got my beta (and then the second a couple days later) b/c the lines seemed very light to me. Maybe your RE would take pity on you if you called and explained that you know the beta's not till Friday, but you couldn't resist POAS, and now you're completely freaked out - could they possibly draw your blood today? It doesn't hurt to ask... And if that doesn't work, then maybe try a walk-in? I doubt they'd have any idea that you're not "supposed" to get your beta till Friday. Good luck, sweetie!
- "Daisy"
Thinking of you. This time is so gut wrenchingly torturous. Hugs.
I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this torture. I'm still praying and I hope you get a definite answer soon. Love you!
KILL ALL THE PEE STICKS.
I'm so sorry you have to go through this.
Sending prayers your way!
I'm so sorry you're having to wait so long...time will tell...but the waiting for time SUCKS. Thinking of you...
I wouldn't trust the dollar store hpts. First Response gave you the positive.
I doubt the clinic would know if today or tomorrow is your beta day or not. The lab techs don't really know what you and your nurse do. Hang in there. Just one more day or try another First Response.
For what its worth, I never get a positive on Pee sticks even with FRER. With my last ectopic and another miscarraige, my beta was way over 100 at 14dpo but sticks were all BFN with FMU. Not even a ghost of line. The doctors didnt even want to do beta, but I pushed both the times because I knew something was different.
I miscarried 2 weeks later in one case and for ectopic had surgery at 2 months preg. Different story, but the point is I always got BFN with betas well over 100.
I would say as long as you see a ghost of a line, hold on to that hope. Good luck for Beta tomorrow.
Post a Comment