My nurse just called. Apparently the lab still had an extra six embies they were watching last night (this is on top of the four frozens), but they all arrested this morning. Perhaps they would have done better in vivo - who knows? Gives me a weird feeling.
My beta has been moved to Friday, May 15. I don't know why, but I didn't ask because that was fine with me!
I will start testing on the 12th, though. And not a moment sooner, you POAS pushers out there! You know who you are! ;) hahaha
Seriously, I do need in-person help with the POAS thing. Though I do know how to pee on a stick all by myself, I cannot decode and interpret those tests to save my life. (I never was one for using them in the first place: I always waited for af, though in retrospect I wish I hadn't.) I could just get a digital, but they're not as sensitive to HCG.
Plus I need the moral support!
Monday, May 4, 2009
beta
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 1:50 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
myth: digitals are not as sensitive as regular HPT's.
5 weeks post D&C I was feeling weird. All I had was an old digi so I took it and it was positive. I freaked out (I wasn't ready to do that again) and so I took about 5 more regular HPT's over the next few days but all were very very faint/BFN.
That's my true HPT story.
Anyways I can't wait for the 12th!
Hey there! I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I lost touch with you! I took an unexpected TTC break after our loss, but I have to say I've been praying for you and thinking about you a lot! I found it almost Ironic to find out you had done IVF and transferred again! My second FET transfer is tomorrow! Didn't we go through this together last time too!?! Best wishes to you and hopefully you will get that sticky bean you've been working so hard for! We'd love to have you back on the site too! All the turtles miss you, and I miss your wit and humor! Take care!
Sara (sunshine_4_jt)
OHW, I missed out on your transfer but I read and noticed that everything was almost perfect.
6 blasts? Awsome! I feel that, not one, but all two will stick.
Glad you got to freeze some embies (wise decision) and sorry about the ones that arrested.
Four frozen is great.
Just post HPT pics for us to look at - I'm sure most of us are pros at interpreting them by now.
Lady...I can give you moral and emotional support...just don't request physical supoort.....! ;)
It surely must be weird...but remember you have all the good ones frozen and two inside their natural environment...You are on a good ground....it was obvious that some of the embies were doing better than the rest...
May 15th it is then!
You know I have seen a lot of IF bloggers taking pictures of the pee-sticks when the reading time comes, and posting it and asking if people can or cannot see the other line....perhpas you could do the same....
sensitive or not...a digital POAS won't have you needing a magnifying glass....or you could be trying both the kinds....(two drops here and two drops there)....
Waiting with you...rooting for you!!!
I'm sorry about your 6 little ones. Sadness... :(
I've always had bad luck with HPTs (except this cycle), but I recommend the ones where you dont actually POAS. You pee in a cup and then use a dropper to drop urine in a window. I find those to be practically fool proof! (And those are the ONLY ones that have ever worked for me, LOL!)
I always thought digitals, esp that clearblue digital that I am totally obssessed with, are more sensitive to hcg than other run of the mill "look and squint for the second line" pee sticks! Clearblue digital detects about 25 units of hcg in the wee, thats pretty good value. I've POAS'd on normal sticks before and the lines have been really really faint, at least with a digital, you get the news. If its a BFN, its like a blunt instrument to the nethers, but if it says "pregnant" what a sweet, sweet feeling that is.
My 2 cents.
Good luck for the 12th! That's when my next scan is! Hopefully, we'll both have good news.
S
Thanks for all the comments, ladies.
S and PCOSDC: It's a myth? I thought the Clearblue in Canada, for instance, measured 50 units?
I dunno. I don't get these stick things!
Michele: I've never heard of that kind of test - maybe they're not available in Canada?
Sara: Hi!!! I don't know how to get in touch with you off of SC, so ask a Mutant for my e-mail address! Let's talk!
hmm, I didnt realise clearblue had like different country versions, wtf. I still think the digital ones are more sensitive, just from past experience!
the one we get in aust. says it measures a min of 25 iu/ml... which is pretty sweet. I know its not good to be passing on what could possibly be wrong info, but this site http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html helped me pick the digital.
S
you had 2 blasties transferred, right?? thats why they moved your beta forward. duh. I had to go back and read the previous post. I'm sorry about the 6 lost ones though. god, that sucks. hopefully you wont need it!
S
Post a Comment