CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

had to move fast

Don't laugh.

Though I'm in complete shock and fear about this, I just did an intake with a midwifery service back home. I really want a midwife, and it's almost impossible to get one in our area, so I had to call ASAP (and I'm still not guaranteed acceptance).

I can always cancel if things go badly.

The person doing the intake knew nothing about IVF. She wanted to know the date of my last period, and I had to explain to her why it wasn't relevant. This isn't a slight on her. It's just that, as she said herself, I was the first woman she's come across who's ever done IVF. Everyone around there gets pregnant easily and 'naturally' except for me.

I hope I haven't jinxed myself somehow. It would be awful to phone back to cancel.

4 comments:

PCOSDC said...

It's the same way here with the midwives and I've had to cancel on them before (obviously) and they are wonderful about it. I'm glad you called! You deserve to have some hope and excitment.

the misfit said...

WOW. I just found my way back to your blog, and such a dramatic time to start reading! Congrats on the BFP and prayers that it sticks around.

Dora said...

I did the same thing to get in to the high risk OB I wanted. Called before the first beta. They didn't ask about my last period, just how many weeks I was.

CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

I totally missed this! I read your post but I missed how you got a BFP! Congratulations. I am soo soo happy for you. Keep testing. Post pictures too!