I'm starting to think that DH wants this even more than I do.
E.g.:
~IVF #2 was his idea.
~He was perfectly lovely during the ER and afterward. E.g., he stroked my hair and held my hand while I endured the second Egg Retrieval from Hell. During ET, he was miffed because I didn't squeeze his hand harder when I was in pain.
(He is usually very cuddly, though...)
~He phoned me from work five times (the morning of the 3rd day after retrieval) to get the embie report.
~In the event that this IVF works, he has already decided that he will tell his side of the family via his 9-year-old niece (my darling), and that she can decide what order in which to tell people. (I have no clue how I'd tell anyone - the idea of spreading the news would terrify me. I used to think about this, but now I've blocked it all out.)
~He stares reverently at my porn star boobs and swollen stomach. I ask peevishly what he wants, and he says, "You look soooo hot." (Oh, I guess this warrants a TMI alert. lol)
~I told him the other day that my waist gained an inch overnight (due to OHSS), and he made up a song about how his guys grew an inch, and he sang it for half an hour and waved his socks around for emphasis.
~On our way out the door last night, he patted my belly softly.
As much as I complain about him sometimes, I've come to realize that our occasional fights are always the result of either miscommunication (e.g., I've said a word that he doesn't know, or he meant something that I misinterpreted) or the difference in our birth order (e.g., I'm eldest and he's youngest, so he can be whiny sometimes, whereas I can be a perfectionist). Despite the fact that we're nearly polar opposites, we're really perfect for each other. Good thing, too, because I was never crazy about the whole marriage thing, so it's good that it's all working out.
I just can't believe my luck: that he wants this, too. He wants a baby with me.
Is it a cliche already to say I really hope this works?
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
DH (meaning 'dear husband,' not Dr Hannam! lol)
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 4:38 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Sweetie, of course he wants a baby with you. He LOVES you! And no, it isnt cliche at all. I hope this works for you guys too!
I hope it works too....glad he's been so wonderful.
Someone is really anxious and it's not Dr H.
This is so lovely....
love the fact that your DH is as much into it as you are...
Hey, what an innovative idea about letting your niece choose the Suprise recipients.
OHW.....Am extremely hopeful for you. Yapping "Hope hey Hope" like a maniac right now!
Life becomes easier when both the partners are in the deal equally, you know!
Hoping this works for you! Sounds like you have a wonderful man. Sure he'll be a great dad too.
Post a Comment