Tested again this morning. It's still positive, but the line isn't any darker. I guess for for today that's as good as it gets.
Yesterday I didn't end up going to a walk-in; instead, I slept, partly to calm down and partly to pass the time.
I'm an effing idiot, too, for not just phoning my clinic to ask for an early beta: a fellow Hannam patient on an IVF board wrote to me late last night to say that they have had no problem with that in the past, if you call the nurse first. But by the time I would have phoned the nurse this morning, I'd have missed the last train to Toronto, so no go. I have to wait. I'm an idiot for not asking. My last clinic wouldn't do an early test, so I just assumed all REs were like that. (Most doctors in this country have God complexes, so it's hard to question them on anything.) My loss. I'm too passive; I really dislike that about myself.
Had some symptoms reappear yesterday, but just for a bit in the afternoon: super-mild nausea, watery cm, occasional electric twinges in my bbs, and feeling overheated. Then had some slight af-like cramps, which I'm not reading into, since I know that could mean anything. (I shouldn't bleed, anyway, until I stop the suppositories.)
Tomorrow's the big day. Beta in the morning; results around noon, I guess. DH and I are going in together. He wants to spend the whole day in Toronto, but if we get bad news, I won't be in the mood, since my life will be in ruins again.
What should my beta be on 12dp5dt? Fill in the blank: I can expect that it should be higher than ___. I checked that beta board web site, but there's a huge variation in 'safe' numbers. I know I've got at least 25 units - probably a bit more - because that's the minimum number that the $store test says it will pick up. I hope it's higher than 25, though, because that means I'd have a really low number tomorrow, and that is often a bad sign. But I guess it's not the number that matters: it's the doubling time. Low numbers are less than ideal, though...
Thanks for waiting it out with me. Am going crazy. I'm tethered to Google. I have the emotional stability of a colicky infant. I crave an Ativan tablet, but don't know if it's safe. Yuuuuck. I need wine to go with my whine.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
11dp5dt
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 8:01 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Yay OHW!!!
I know it's a true bfp. All my tests weren't dark-AT ALL. So please keep that in mind. I don't think the levels of hcg have anything to do with the darkness of the line, no matter what anything says. You are keeping me on my toes till tomorrow, I can't wait to see your post! Hugs woman =)
-Aphro
Thanks, woman. I sure hope so.
Btw, did you take the 'What kind of Barbie are you?' quiz on FB? I'm dying to know your results. ;)
Hi One. I would think your beta should be higher than 33. That was mine 10 DPO.
So happy to hear that the line is still there. I'm willing to bet it is darker and you just can admit it to yourself! I'm hoping and praying for you and I can't wait for Friday at noon! Any luck posting pics???
"Most doctors in this country have God complexes, so it's hard to question them on anything" -HA, you just described my ex-fertility specialist!!
I am no genius on beta levels, but anything over 25 and that doubles/rises appropriately is a freaking BFP in my books. I use betabase and also this oldie to check my levels out. http://babymed.com/tools/pregnancy/hcg/
Congratulations - belated - but better late than never, eh!!
Also liked your ticker and the reason for it. xx
Hey girl! You said it yourself. As long as it's over 25 the number itself doesn't matter, but the rate at which it doubles. I think my first beta last round was 90 (or maybe that was second?), all I know is that it didn't double in 48hours time. Of course we all know how that ended...
And by the way - my tests aren't getting any darker either...
Have faith - and no, God does not hate you! (((hugs)))
sara
There isnt really a standard hCG because of the variations. Once you get a starting point, you should go up approx. 33% every day; they like to see doubling by every 3rd day (although 2d is standard, mine have usually been 3d with no issue). At 14dpo with my single, mine was 44. Fingers crossed for you!!! Please let us know ASAP your results!
One-No I haven't taken that one yet! FB has been banned from work b/c too many ppl were on there so I will do it when I get home. I saw yours last night and lmao about it!
Doubling doubling doubling.... well just keep chanting that the next few days!!!
You don't need to go crazy b/c I'm going crazy enough for both of us!!! No matter what your numbers are, you have a BFP!
Post a Comment