CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

the lowdown

So here's what happened. It's not that exciting, but I'll always remember it.

I got the phone call before noon, which was a lot earlier than I expected. DH was going to phone me during his last coffee break - if it was bad news, he was coming home after work, and if not, he wanted to go golfing - but I couldn't wait that long. So I called him on site.

DH: Hello?

Me: Hey. It's good news.

DH: What?

Me: 824.

DH: Oh. So I can go golfing?

Me: Yes.

DH: Ok, I took scallops out of the freezer, and I'll broil them for dinner when I get home. We can have them with the leftover potato salad. [Note: He always changes the subject if he's not sure how to react or how to process new information, so I wasn't offended.]

Me: Yeah, ok. And the Greek salad, too.

DH: [Quiet for a bit.] 824. That's good, right?

Me: Yeah. [Starts crying, just in case the world hasn't already drowned in her tears. lol]

DH: [Alarmed.] I thought you said it was good!

Me: [Sobs.] It is! It's really good!

DH: [Relieved.] Well, ok. I don't know with you anymore! I'll see you after golf. Love you.

Me: Yeah, love you, too.

DH: Bye.

Me: [Still sniffling.] Bye.

LOL.

So then I went to get lunch. And then I came home and went to sleep.

The End.

9 comments:

Blogging isn't my thing.. said...

aww thats cute. your dh sounds like my hubby

Felicia said...

I knew it would be good news!! I am bursting with joy for you. It is funny how men respond to things by changing the topic, my husband does the same thing when he does not know what to say. Hugz!!

the misfit said...

Not exciting?! That's VERY exciting. And, unexpected (er, by me?) benefit of having a blog: effortless pregnancy diary/baby book! You'll want to remember this, I'm sure.

..al said...

Thank God that you slept!

All the stress, must have taken its toll on you...I am so relieved...

824....

1+1+3 = 5
8+2+4 = 14 = 5

Munching.

Caz said...

SQUEAL.
So happy..
that is VERY exciting, and I am VERY happy for you.

Britt said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about?! That is absolutely exciting!!!


hugs,

Ursula

Michele said...

That's such a cute little story! So glad for the high number. Cant wait for even better updates!

one-hit_wonder said...

Thanks, everybody! :)

Misfit: Yes, this works out to be a good diary, though it would require some heavy revisions and editing! lol