I am really scared and feel that God hates me and doesn't want me to be happy. DH saw it all on my face as soon as he walked in the door. I didn't tell him that I tested this afternoon and got a BFN, but I did say that all my symptoms disappeared; I know it probably doesn't mean anything, but this is exactly what happened last time.
I wonder: if I went to a walk-in clinic tomorrow and requested a beta, would they do it? Or would my IVF info flash on the computer screen - hence, 'forcing' them to say no?
What is the reasoning, exactly, behind IF clinics making us wait so long for these things?
I really wish I could go somewhere and just pay for a damn blood test.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
scared
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:45 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Please try not to panic! Symptoms can come and go, especially in early pg. And not using FMU or the same type of test can definitely affect the results. Would you be able to get a beta at a clinic tomorrow? Maybe that would be the best thing to ease your mind. Hoping for the best for you!
- "Daisy"
Hi Daisy,
Can't get a beta. I don't think it's even worth bugging my RE about it: I'm sure he'll ask me to wait. So I'm wondering if I could trick a walk-in clinic into doing it.
Thanks for trying to make me feel better - I appreciate it.
Wait, do you mean you tested again and it was negative???
DON'T WORRY. God doesn't hate you. He doesn't - he's too busy plotting revenge on ME.
I think you could trick a walk-in clinic. It seems that in Ontario there is no continuity of care so I doubt they would have any idea you had IVF. Just tell them your a week late or something.
You could always call your GP. say that you got a BFP on a HPT and that you'd like a beta to confirm? Then just go to a lab and have the work done. I'm sure your RE would probably say "wait" but you could always try another route!
Wow, I didn't know it was so strict. You can't get a beta even if you pay out of pocket for it? Was it a different kind of test? It may not be as sensitive as the first one you took.
A few good: No, you can't pay for a beta in Canada (unless you're not Canadian, of course), since it's covered under Medicare.
Yes, it was a different test. The first one was a digital, and apparently it was much more sensitive. The $ Store test is supposed to pick up 25 units, though.
Post a Comment