CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

2nd beta

In four days it's risen from 113 to only 309. Usually it's supposed to double every 48 hours, so that's really slow.

DH called to ask about the results. It's going to be a quiet night.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just try to keep thinking positive thoughts... Hopefully it will continue to rise appropriately, and all will be well with your little bean. Will you do a repeat on Thursday? Praying for you!

- Daisy

Kristy said...

I'm so sorry it didn't rise like you were hoping. Don't give up yet.
I love you and I'm here for you if you need me.

Britt said...

Hang in there! I know that sounds really crappy right now but I think it's all you can do. It did rise though so that is a positive! Praying for you :)

Anonymous said...

Don't give up just yet, you know there are plenty of ladies on SC that thier betas didn't rise perfectly and babies are just fine. It aint over till the fat lady sings hun! I will continue to think of you and the munchkin(s)!

-Aphro

HC said...

There is a girl on she knows IVF forum - Ainara. She had a scare with her beta numbers not rising enough But she did fine and is just 1 month away from delivery now. These were her numbers :

IVF #2 (FET) Sept./Oct.'08
First Beta 10/25 185
Second beta 10/27 265 it didn't double
Third beta 10/29 387 AGAIN?!?
Fourth beta 10/31/ 707

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry that the numbers aren't perfect. Like some other ladies have said, don't give up!! The numbers are going up and that's good!! LOVE YOU LADY!!

Randi

Anonymous said...

Still holding out lots of hope! The average doubling time is 48-72 hours.

Love ya,

Ursula

Ruth said...

Hang in there. My betas didn't double like they were supposed to and everything turned out fine. It doesn't necessarily have to be every two days though that is what they like. I think it is like 30% every 2 days.

Kate said...

Ugh - I've been there too. I hope you're just one who's getting off to a slow start, but things then take off. You're still on track for the 66% rise every 48h, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

Pam, I keep checking in on you, dont give up hope yet .. when's your repeat done? hang in there!
- Susan

..al said...

OHW....I have zilch gyan on betas......BUT .........I would not have known this otherwise... there are two women who began with very miniscule betas...and one of them is preggers and the other has the baby...

Also, a third infertile talked of how slow her betas were rising....but she is very much preggers..

You ARE pregnant.


All the very best!

IF Optimist, then... said...

Its good to know that the numbers are still rising. I hope you try to stay in good spirits. Take care of yourself and remember we're out here rooting for you.