Today I am all aloney on my owney. DH is golfing, so I'm going to lounge at a coffeeshop (oh sweet torture - I must order uncaffeinated) and perhaps finally resume thesis work. I am almost finished my rough draft, incidentally, and it is 120 pages long, minus endnotes and references.
Anyway.
I would like to know why my u/s is scheduled for 8 weeks. Don't they want to know ASAP that everything is in the right place? I don't know. Apparently I'm not a medical genius; that's why they pay me the big bucks to be a lowly schoolteacher.
_____________________________________
Symptoms:
-sore/heavy bbs, especially when gravity meets them in the morning - I'm already going to need a new bra next week, and wear a sports bra to bed - and last night they were spectacularly full of electrical shocks
-twinges in my abdomen a few times/day; ovaries are sore and twitchy (poor things)
-watery cm has stopped - now it's thick and scant
-escalated sex drive
-easily exhausted - yesterday, as soon as I'd gotten up, dressed, and eaten, I went back to sleep for 90 minutes
-my facial skin isn't as dry as it usually is - I have a 'glow,' literally, which means that my makeup is sliding off by the afternoon
-still hot from time to time
-not moody
-eating a bit more than usual
Sunday, May 24, 2009
5w00t5d
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:40 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I agree it is absolute TORTURE to wait on an u/s I do think it is for the better. Sounds like they are waiting to FOR SURE see a heartbeat. Let me tell ya, I had an early u/s due to having an ectopic in the past and it only made me MORE nervous to not see a heartbeat since my u/s was at 6weeks.
Nonetheless, I'm thinking you'll be more than relieved when the u/s comes around! I just want to know HOW MANY are in there?!
Hugs and love,
Ursula
Good luck with your thesis! And hang on in there for the scan - cant imagine what torture that must be it wait all that time!
That does seem forever away. There's a method to their madness, I'm sure. They clearly think that there's no reason to worry, which is a good thing! Just think, once you're holding your baby in your arms this 3 week wait won't even matter :) Can't wait to hear how it goes though!
Btw, 120 pages?! You're a saint! I'm exhausted just thinking about that! lol. Good luck on that too!
8w is a long time. Our RE does 6w and 7w then turns you over to your OB after that. I'd go nuts with 8w- heck, I go nuts with 6w!
8 weeks is such a long wait! Hey love some of your symptoms though! Enjoy!
Good Luck with your thesis... And you better start getting it into its final shape...
Medical Genius, we not? Sample this actual conversation between two afflicted...atleast there are some basic terms that we understand well.
A: Oh, so you have unexplained infertility..
B: No no, doctors can not find a cause for why I don't have a baby.
A: Oh, that is called UI.
B: Don't know. The doctor never said that.
Post a Comment