CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm back!

I'm back! Had a wonderful time in Albuquerque! Yahoo! Loved the food sooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Especially agave margaritas, Navajo tacos, and green chile stew. Also had lavender butter on cornbread - to die for! YUM and double YUM! Hurray for green chiles on everything!

Walked in the desert, traveled Route 66, shopped for jewelry, ate, drank, and slept in a swanky hotel. Our paper was well-received, as well (some people had tears in their eyes by the end!), and we had several publishing offers.

It was wonderful to have a break from the "infertility grinder" (as the wonderful WiseGuy terms our plight). I felt like myself again: happy and fun! Now that I'm back in the dredges of Canadian winter, we'll see how long this mood lasts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

In the meantime, DH (who couldn't come with me to ABQ) went for his DNA integrity test; we will hear the results this week. And, silly guy, he took the wrong vitamins (Pycnogenol instead of the male factor antioxidants) the whole time I was gone. SIIIIIIIIGH. Even though I reminded him and showed him 50 million times. MEN!

Also, our follow-up with the RE is this week. We'll find out if IVF is viable for us, and I guess we'll see the game plan. If there's no more bad news about male factor, we will start the next IVF within 4-8 weeks. But I'm cautious about my thinking regarding that, since for all I know, DH's spermies are shot to he!!.

I guess I'll start Provera again, too, since I'm on CD26, or something of the sort, and no ovulation in sight (not that it matters, anyway, but still).

_____________________________________________________________________________________

On another note, I was so sad to learn of Paul Harvey's passing. His storytelling skills were inimitable. I used to work at a few radio stations, and we always aired his segments - I always dropped what I was doing so I could listen.

I especially loved this reader's comment on the obituary printed by the CBC: "I remember one broadcast when Harvey, then about 50 years old, suggested that the USA should not send young men to Viet Nam, young men who had their adult lives ahead of them, and who were being wasted in a wasteful war. Send people my age, send me, he said. I can hold a rifle with a bayonet, he said. Send me."

Good day to you, Mr. Harvey, and godspeed!

1 comments:

Britt said...

YAY!!! I'm SO glad you are back, I missed you!! :) I'm sorry your parents weren't sure how to react. I think for people that haven't experienced IF, the whole thing can be very overwhelming. Luv u!