The night before the follow-up appointment, I had a dream in which a front tooth was cracked and falling out of my gums. I looked helplessly at myself in the mirror. I usually get that kind of dream when I'm feeling powerless. I try to pay attention to what my mind is doing during sleep; it helps me keep in touch with my body.
Happily, all was well at the doctor's office! DH's DNA results came back as excellent (the number was something like 13.86)- which is even better than most men's sperm!!! So even though his morphology and motility are still crappy, at least the most important part - his genetic bits - seems to be ok. I know that the DNA fragmentation test isn't the be-all and end-all of figuring out the quality and make-up of sperm, but at least it indicates - from the tip of the iceberg - the possibility that things are probably all right.
Did the vitamin regime and the organic menus help? Maybe. We'll never know, but we're sticking to it.
I was shocked. A happy kind of shock. Wowzas. I prayed thanksgivings.
All other test results were fine. DH has some kind of cysts in his manly bits, but I don't know if that's serious or not. I guess it isn't (?).
So our RE gave us an official protocol for a potential IVF cycle, including a lower dose of Puregon. I'll write more about it later. I signed off, and we're going to start next week. I begin bcp on my next day 1, which should be Thursday.
RE says that his success rate (clinical pregnancy) last year among women in my age category was 78%. He said he'd send me back home pregnant. I said I preferred to take a cautious approach. For all I know, I'll be left in that miserable 22%. Who knows?
Dang, but it's hard not to hope again, after that fantastic news about DH's little men.
Two useful bits of info:
1) The RE said that, in the future, he could aspirate all of my follicles in order to get my natural ovulation going again, since IVF has screwed that all up in my body. I didn't know I could ask for that kind of procedure.
2) New medical research has initiated a more skeptical view of Met for cysters. Will post more on this later. So the RE said that he'd prefer that I stay off Met. Yay.
Btw (off-topic): My dad overheard some of my former colleagues say that I am a great teacher. There is nothing like a good compliment! :)
Also, just checked out Autorama in Detroit - it's where the Ridler is handed out. A 16-year-old boy tried to pick me up at the show. EEK! He said he thought I was 18! DH rolled around laughing when he heard this!
Friday, March 6, 2009
update
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 10:41 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Congratulations on the compliment and the DNA report is super news!
Dreams? I think we are re-discovering their power!
You were getting picked up by a 16 year old? ROFL! Seriously, how old are you?
Yay, this is great news! I'm so excited for you, Thurs. will be here before you know it!
Also, that is hilarious about the 16 yr. old! You know it made you feel good, don't deny it LOL ;)
Thanks, ladies!
Wise: I'm 30, but I look younger than I am. I was happy that I thought I looked mid-twenties, so having a bunch of teenagers thinking I was 18 was an extra-nice shot in the arm! lol!
Britt: True, true! ;)
Post a Comment