Day 2 of the wait.
I have to go in to Toronto tomorrow for my CD3 stuff; I think I will go shopping to update my spring/summer wardrobe. Yes, spending money I don't have. Oh well. And buying clothing that I shouldn't, just in case this IVF works. Oh well. I've gotta keeping living in the Now.
The thing now is that I'm totally inspired by a few fashionista blogs I've found online, including this and that (though the latter one's quite a bit more conservative than I am, but I like the concepts behind the outfits). Thanks to these bloggers, I really want to work on mixing patterns, and I want to do more colour blocking.
I have a number of great separates I've picked up over the last few years - especially the most fabulous skirts (one is a peacock-motif piece from Anthropologie, which I got for $12 on Ebay!) - so all I need to pull it together are a bunch of accessories and 1 or 2 pairs of shoes, plus 3 or 4 tank tops in different colours. I think I can find most of what I want second-hand, so I'll take a look around at the VV Boutique (aka: Value Village) and a few consignment shops.
And I saw a soft black cotton sundress for sale at Le Chateau for $35 (marked down from $90), so I think I'll go snag that today, if it's not already gone. That would be a terrific basic - I can dress it up or down.
Good distraction. I've talked with my sister-in-law - who has amazing fashion sense - about opening a clothing boutique together, but I doubt it would ever happen. Neither of us has experience in fashion marketing, buying, business, etc. Maybe I could do it on my own, though. I do think that I could be successful at something like that, but then we'd have to live close to an urban centre, and that wasn't really in our plans, though I could talk DH into it. The government does provide support to new entrepreneurs... hmmm....
It's nice to dream.
Also more good news: I turned in another chapter of my thesis to my advisor, and she gushed all over it yesterday - she said it made for compelling reading - plus she gave me some great constructive criticism. Yeah! She is beyond brilliant and fabulous - her opinion means everything to me - so that made me feel good.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
distraction: fashion
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 11:32 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
i LOVE shopping too! I've been trying to layer my clothes to give my outfits more dimension. I used to just wear pants and a shirt but that got old. I want to be a cute teacher! :P
Way 2 go on your thesis! It just gets better & better!!
Hope CD3 stuff goes well! Praying for you! :)
It's great you're able to focus on your thesis despite all the fertility stuff.
My fashion sense is 'uber-basic', and I don't really have it in me to keep a tab on it. But yes, with whatever little marbles I use on it, I too believe in having simple pieces whose appearance can be changed through varying the combinations.
I am so glad that you thesis work is going so well. Lovely to know you have such a great research guide. Thumbs Up to that!
Britt: You will have no trouble being a cute teacher! I know what you mean, though, about the layering problem: I don't do it enough, even though it's cute, partly because I dislike wearing lots of clothes (like 2 tanks, or a jacket over a blouse and a vest), especially in summer when it gets so humid.
Victoria: I can focus somewhat. Not as much as I'd like. My secondary source reading is definitely lacking these days. But it helps that I love the work.
Wise: I would like to see your style!
Rest Assured, you will be seriously disappointed!
Post a Comment