I have two questions about my protocol - I'll ask the nurse the next time I go in to the clinic, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here, as well, since I can't find good info online.
1) An endometrial biopsy will be scheduled, and I've never had one done before. I've posted about these biopsies before (http://rockedbyfaith.blogspot.com/2009/02/in-todays-globe-mail-uterine-biopsy.html), since preliminary research seems to show that they aid implantation. I'm wondering if what I'm getting is the same kind of procedure, or is there another reason for it?
2) I'm scheduled to take estrogen after transfer, which I didn't do last time. Why now?
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
2 questions
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 12:00 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I don't know much about the Endometrial Biopsy however the only thing I think it could be used to do is to see 1) how thick the endometrium is and 2) to see how well it's formed, to ease implantation.
That's the only thing I could think of.
As for the estrogen. Some of the meds that they prescribe could lower your estrogen level in which case they'll perscribe an estrogen supplement (patches, pills, etc) to boost it back to the normal level, that it should be at.
I wish you the best of luck!
I have no solid answers to that! Sorry!
I have had an endometrial biopsy before because I was bleeding for two months straight and they couldn't figure out what was wrong, so they wanted to make sure I didn't have cancer or anything else wrong in there. I don't know anything about using that kind of procedure to aid implantation, but it makes sense!
Estrogen after transfer can help ensure a longer luteal phase, and hold off AF.
A drop in estrogen signals AF, so the estrogen can give your embryos a better change at a supported luteal phase.
Good luck!
Post a Comment