CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

teaching: what a drain

Gah, teaching is so annoying, and I'm not even back in the classroom yet!

I just spent 4 hours (and $75) getting the paper trail started for one teaching application: criminal record check, resume, references, transcripts, teaching reports, etc. And that doesn't include the child abuse registry, for which I have to get copies of my I.D. notarized, first, and a bunch of other things. I'll need another $50 and probably another 4 or 5 hours to complete the application.

If I do get one of those Middle Years positions I was talking about, I found out yesterday that I'll likely have 35 kids in my classroom. Yikes. That is too many bodies in one room.

But what can you do, right?

Good news, though: I accidentally discovered today that after I graduate this fall, I will move up two spaces to the top of the salary scale. This is good for my pocketbook. It doesn't make a massive change in my salary, but it is an extra $4,000-7,000 per year. That's nothing to sneeze at!

2 comments:

HC said...

I have no comment but rather a question for you. I couldn't find a way of emailing you. Well I stopped BCP on 3/23 and am on lupron since 3/21.I had no withdrawal bleeding. I had base ultrasound and blood work today. They found a corpus letuem cyst and blood work confirmed that I ovulated on BCP/lupron. How weird is that? So anyway they ask me to continue on lupron until AF shows. I am in serious doubts how can AF come when I am on lupron. i am soo at a loss, that I dont even know what questions to ask. Do you have any advise?

one-hit_wonder said...

Oy! I have heard that that can happen, and it is truly weird. I have no idea how to advise you.

Maybe try posting a question about it here: http://www.ivfconnections.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6. There are many women there who are really well versed in this IVF crap.

I do know that if I were you, I'd ask the RE if the extra bcp and Lupron will oversuppress the ovaries, because that would affect the subsequent egg retrieval.

Yikes. I hope that helps somewhat, and good luck. Let me know what happens.