CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sleepy and unmotivated. Where is af?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is off-topic, but I need to distract myself from the Hunt for Red AF.

I'm writing a section of my thesis about my cultural background. I'm a Mennonite. (Not the kind found in American Pennsylvania Dutch country, as I'm not German, but sort of the same idea.) My committee is fascinated by my heritage, and wants a whole chapter about it as it relates to my topic, so I'm rereading my beloved Di Brandt (poet, literary critic, and fellow Mennonite) to get an idea of what I might say. I'll pass on two of her titles here, in case anyone is interested.

1) Dancing Naked: Narrative Strategies for Writing Across Centuries (a book of creative non-fiction - very interesting)



2) questions i asked my mother (her first book of poetry - she was essentially shunned from the community for publishing this)

3 comments:

..al said...

Noted the titles...will check them out if I get my hands on them.


AF has not arrived yet? That sucks!

one-hit_wonder said...

The titles might be tough to locate - I think Dancing Naked is out of print, though I'm going to lobby the publisher to get it back out there - but worth it. She's a feminist writer and takes a lot of heat from critics who say her work isn't 'academic' enough.

..al said...

OIC!