In light of what Eve said, I thought I should do some sort of gratitude list, just to start the day on the 'positive' (ack!) side of things.
Five things I'm grateful for:
1) Basics: food and shelter. It's something that most of us take for granted in the western world, and I know this alone means that I'm materially better off than many people, and so I am very thankful. For I am aware that I did nothing to deserve this.
2) My hobbies - reading and writing. Do not know where I'd be without them. They provide an escape, a venting system, a source of beauty.
3) My DH. As annoying as boys are in general, I love him, and I know that if I'd tried to be with anyone else, I'd be divorced already. (Because really, marriage is not for me, but I am with DH because I love him.)
4) Espresso, especially paired with organic steamed milk. Mmmmmm...
5) My Navajo turquoise-and-silver necklace. When I wear it, I feel like a star.
What are you grateful for?
Monday, March 30, 2009
list
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 10:26 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I should do my gratitude list too even though I feel miserable about IVF. So many people have many other serious issues to deal with.
First, thanks for the post on my blog! It's nice to "meet" you.
I'm grateful for many things amidst this hellish IF ride I'm on. Mostly for my husband and family and for their health. I figure that as long as I've got my loved ones and they're not suffering with something, I'm lucky. I'm also grateful that warmer weather is almost here AND for this blog. It is the BEST distraction ever, although right now it's distracting me from about 50 reading tests I've got to grade. HA!
Great post - I need to remember to take more time to be grateful. :)
Post a Comment