I have concluded that there is nothing to do but dance and laugh.
(We'll see how long this lasts!)
Friday, March 27, 2009
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:50 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no, not another infertility blog! Yes, it's your lucky day. I'm not barren anymore, but still infertile, and still yammering about it.
I have concluded that there is nothing to do but dance and laugh.
(We'll see how long this lasts!)
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:50 a.m.
6 comments:
Yeah, I see what you mean. If you think about it too much, you'd just spend your time crying and worrying.
How did you know that you overstimmed? What kind of response did you have to IUI at 150IU and then what happened with the IVF at 175IU? How soon can they tell? I'm a little nervous at making this decision on my own (DH will be no use). I just don't want to shell out all this money for 3 eggs or something! I assume if things are taking off too fast, they can back off on the stims?
For the IUI, I got one measly egg (and had to stim for 18 days to get it). That was an unexpected response, since I do ovulate on my own. My RE expected at least 2 or 3 eggs.
For the IVF, my estrogen was so high. I can't remember the number, but it soared. I should have been monitored sooner than I was, not five days after starting stims. I ended up with 11 eggs, though my antral count was 21. The RE was disappointed because a bunch of smaller follies had also been recruited, but they couldn't catch up in time to the 11.
So Hannam wants to start at 125. Originally I agreed, but then I thought: what if I get the same response as I had during the IUI? I can't go through with a cycle getting only a few eggs, especially with the male factor problem. Hannam did say that if that were the case, we'd cancel and start over.
I think I'm going to stick to the 125 but ask for monitoring starting on the third day.
And yes, if things are taking off too fast, they will back off on the stims. It's just that, with PCOS, egg quality can be affected by that.
Hth!
Yep! I got 3-4 follicles with femara CD2-6 and Gonal-F 112.5IU CD5-13. He said the femara makes you more resistant to the FSH, but I think what I've found online seems to say more follicles, lower E2, and less FSH to reach the same goal. I guess I'll go for the higher dose, and possibly change my mind depending on what the discussion is when I have my baseline. I'm scheduled to start stims on a Friday and have the first BW/US Monday, which is a good thing. I'm sure I'll be campaigning for daily monitoring so I don't start the orgulatron too late, or find out I'm stimming too fast too late.
In other news, I forgot to take my pill for 3.5 hours this morning! Oops - at least I didn't forget it altogether.
Now, back to the studying!
Sometimes that is all you can do ;)
Ummmm....did you hit the bottle last night?
Britt: True, true!
Kate: You and me both (re: forgetting the pill). I've done that a few times, and I'm only a week into this!
Wise: No, but I wish I had! :) :) :) I think I might tonight! lol
Post a Comment