CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sleep: not happening

I envy people who know how to fall asleep. For I do not know how. I'm so chronically sleep deprived.

I'm so worried about everything: money, debt, nonexistent babies, thesis, job for me, job for DH, the state of my soul, dad's health, place to live, world poverty, what if this IVF doesn't work, more debt. Miss the baby (or -ies) that I should still be pregnant with. Feel small and insignificant and lonely. Really need to sleep, since I need to get up in 5 hours, and have a long day ahead of me - I'm booked up until 9:30 p.m.

I hate it when people who are parents say (jealously) that I should enjoy my sleep. Whatever. I bet I get just as little sleep as any of them, anyway.

ETA: I just e-mailed the nurse to cancel for tomorrow (I'll go in Wed, instead). I can't do a 20-hour day on no sleep, and am not feeling well, anyway.

4 comments:

..al said...

Just go to nurse when you feel comfortable.

What's with folks like us? Overexcited grey cells?

But, I can sleep well. However, even if I feel like deciding to wake up late in the morning, I can't do it.

Something inside me makes me open my eyes at almost the same time everyday, irrespective of when I have gone to sleep.

Don't really know as to what can help you with the sleep deprivation.

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you on the sleep. I can fall asleep I just can't stay asleep. I have tried everything. Tea, sleep training, pills, etc. It sucks! All of a sudden I wake up and my mind starts to race 100 miles an hour. And I totally agree with you..I bet I am getting just as little sleep as those mommies out there ;)

Victoria said...

I'm glad that AF came. Yippee. you're on your way.

Victoria said...

I hope you sleep well. Hope the IVF meds will make you sleep. Lupron was bad for me the first time (night sweats). Second time around I slept well.