CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

IVF timeline

Yikes, what if the RE wants me to start cycling ASAP? I mean, that was kind of the tentative plan he mentioned at our consultation: to get started by March. The reality of it kind of snuck up on me.

Should I do it now, or wait another month? Finances are holding us back. And I dread the birth control pills. I've already warned my advisor about how temperamental I'm going to be during the spring (her response: "do what you need to do, and we'll figure everything else out as we go along" - isn't she wonderful?).

Well, I guess if the RE suggests an immediate start date, it will be Monday or Tuesday, since that's when af should arrive (I'm on Provera again). I just went to http://ivf.ca/calcu2.htm to figure out the timeline (that web site has a neat calculator that gives estimates of IVF schedules), and I could do an HPT by May 11 or so. And hopefully not get crushed again.

Must figure out the money issue. Our income tax refund will help, as will my final scholarship cheque in June. I guess we'll just pay the rest off as we're able. Good thing interest rates are low. And I've found a cheaper place to get meds.

Maybe I shouldn't presume too much, though. For all I know, DH's DNA is in the crapper, and IVF won't help. Urgh. Now I'm getting nervous for tomorrow's RE appointment.

Would it be worth it to pray for ok news, or - I'm hoping for too much here - even stellar news?

Is God acknowledging anything I'm asking for? I'm petitioning humbly to see a positive HPT again, to have a happy and uneventful pregnancy, a safe labour and delivery, and a healthy baby. These are everyday things for the rest of the world, but they're worth everything to me. I wish the same for all of you, as well. May this torture be over soon.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Maybe he'll start you this month. Get ready.

Britt said...

You are definitely not hoping for too much--I completely understand your hesitation though. I will be praying for you. Thank you so much for the comments on my blog...the whole situation is a mess, but I know it will all be ok in the end :)