Af has made a liar out of me. Oh well, not the first time. So I emailed my nurse, as per her instructions, to find out what to do.
I feel bad for whining about af. I know lots of women who have amenorrhea; I know how much it sucks because I used to be someone who rarely bled, too (maybe once/year?), due to PCOS. And then, every once in a while, I'd have episodes of prolonged bleeding (weeks at a time). It blows.
Until IVF #1, I was able to get my cycles down to 30-38 days (with 'normalized' bloodwork and ok-looking ovaries) - thanks to revised diet and regular exercise - hence the new 'borderline' PCOS dx by Hannam. My right ovary still doesn't work, but the left one has taken over, which I hear isn't unusual. This was around a 5-year process.
But now I'm back to being anovulatory, bloodless, etc. All my hard work has come undone. Thank you IVF, I feel like a star.
Hannam says that when I'm not TTC (will there ever be such a time?), he'll aspirate all my follicles, and that should get regular cycles going again. I miss my cycles for other reasons: I love ovulating partly because I feel so energetic and creative at that time.
Anyway, just wanted to clarify that, for those of you who battle with natural cycles all the time - I want you to know that I have been there at one point. I still get offended by fertiles (and here I mean women with babies) who complain about menstruation (unless there's a good reason) because they don't know how good they have it.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
clarification
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 6:48 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I am with you on that. But I do whine about my periods and I fall in your 'regular' category.
..I am a fellow infertile who has regular periods. And please don't be offended with that.
I have had hellish flows last year...I have rendered many an undies useless and destroyed several night clothes. I am nothing to be jealous about.
...The first bright questions that docs ask me is if my periods are regular. When I answer a cheerful yes, I am sure I am breaking their hearts, coz that is one symptom less, to diagnosing the problem.
I ovulate, but I am sure my fallopians are in love with scrambled eggs, coz the fruits never land in the Big U, and if they do, my husband's spermies never hit the bullseye!
Hey wait, maybe I have mermaids lurking in my fallos that call at the ova and make these tiny sailors lose their path and crash on the high walls!
That's it! Brightwit of the day! ;)
OHW, thanks for the comments. I appreciate. Life is so strange. Some people are regular, some not, some so so. I hope AF shows up soon. What can Dr H. do? I've never had to deal with it so I don't know.
I am currently a Provera induced maniac thanks to my crappy body. But I need to fake an AF for my HSG which I need to have before I head up your way to see Laskin.
Wanna know a pet peeve of mine? Pregnant women whining about how tough it is being pregnant. Even formerly infertiles whine about wanting it to be over and how tough it is at the end. Well guess what? I would love to know that misery.
PCOSDC: Yes, this is also my pet peeve!!!
Maybe we should get together for coffee when you're out - I can lend great moral support.
AF is a liar, she's tricky and can't be trusted! LOL
I am with you ladies about the complaining pregnant women...I don't get it. They have no idea how blessed they are to be able to complain.
I sure hope a provera prescription awaits me at the clinic tomorrow. I've had smidges of EWCM for two weeks now. Spotting for a week of that. Enough already, I want AF to show up too!
"Pregnant women whining about how tough it is being pregnant." - PCOSDC
Now, that is one I thing I totally agree with. I have had colleagues doing dope on all the oohs and aahs of pregnancy. Anything I said was also met with (among other things) 'You will know when you are pregnant!'. They might as well be heating iron rods to put straight into my shrinking heart!
Fertiles who have had it easy with successful pregnancies, often do not understand the plight of those, who struggle with what they got so easy.
How old was I when these elders dished me - Good things come to good people and God makes sure everybody gets their due? I really want to object to those statements now!
Post a Comment