CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

update

Ok, I've had basically no internet access for the last 10 days, since I was back home, where I know many people who don't even know what internet is. Literally. It was great to see family and friends again, but I'm exhausted from driving around and visiting.

Did tell my parents about the m/c, failed cycles, IVF, etc. Wish I hadn't. They did not know how to respond, and ended up changing the subject. I guess miscarriages don't count as real children? Or my parents just didn't know how to handle that kind of news? I don't know. Maybe I'll write more about it later. I don't want to get myself down right now, since I'm in a decent mood.

Update on the shaking situation. I still haven't gotten the blood panel done, since I'm in the U.S. right now for a conference presentation. But I drank a bunch of milk and Gatorade (not at the same time), ate meat and bananas (also not at the same time), and got some sunshine. And now all the shakes are gone, even my nighttime ones. So it seems that I was low on some vitamins and minerals, though I don't know which ones. V.v. strange, considering that I'm one of the healthiest eaters around! I'm still going to get the blood tests done, just in case. Thanks so much for all the notes of concern! I was really scared there for a while, especially since my mom's youngest sister was just diagnosed with MS.

DH is back at our apartment. He's got his s/a and the BIG test tomorrow: the DNA fragmentation test. We will find out for once and for all what's going on, I hope.

Talk later!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Sometimes parents are not good receivers of this particular kind of news. Except for one sister, I haven't told any other family member.

Hela said...

glad to hear the shakes are gone, how weird!

sorry your parents didn't respond as expected, still better than saying something totally crass?

big hugs your way, think of you often

..al said...

Well....it is surprising to see how how your parents reacted. I would attribute it as to complete failure to understand the right words to say. But I think you did a good thing by telling them about the hell you have been going through.

I am glad that you are doing good after the supplements. Did these symptoms happen to you for the first time?