Had a wonderful time in Toronto. My prof rented the condo's beautiful guest suite for me, and we worked together with another student on our conference presentation, drank wine, went to see The Reader (excellent movie), and took in an exhibition (Andre Kertesz's 'On Reading'), and visited a few other galleries.
I found a really cool quilted black skirt, with white embroidery, that I'm going to wear to the wedding (for $40); I've got a hot pink embroidered corset to go with it, and a cardigan with intricate folds down the front, plus tights and boots. So all I need to pick up is a few necklaces and bracelets. And I need to get my hair cut and coloured. If you're on my FB, I'll post pics after the wedding is over. I felt really good for a few days, since I could concentrate on my work and enjoy my interests in arts and culture.
Speaking of the devil, then I came home, and first thing I did was find out - via Facebook, of course - that one of Steve's buddies from work is going to be a dad. We've become good friends with him and his wife, and they were also 'infertile.' Apparently not so. I doubt that medical intervention was involved, since they live in a remote area now. Just one of those miracles that seem to happen to everyone IRL except me. So she wrote on my wall about her coffee aversions and lack of scrubs to wear to work. :( I like her a lot, but this is so hard. So DH and I just drove around aimlessly for hours.
Gah. I used to be a (relatively) happy person. I used to be happy for other people who'd gotten good news. Am I destined to be a sour and lonely old lady?
Am thinking that I need to phone my parents to say that if my brother and SIL are expecting, that they should tell me ASAP. I want to know right away, just in case SIL is planning to surprise me, so that I can prepare myself. It's gotta happen sooner or later. She's 30, and her sister already has 2 kids, so she can't be far behind.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
this weekend
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 7:02 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I saw that Facebook post and I was worried about you. Sometimes I hate Facebook, it's just so full of pregnant people and babies!
PC: Thanks, hun. It's really been on my mind. I don't even have the energy to write her back. The thing is that I thought she knew about our circumstances. Her DH does, since my DH told him, but I guess he never told her, since I think she would've worded it differently, then.
What do you do to deal with the pg and baby stuff on FB? Do you still use it regularly? I've basically been avoiding FB, and I think I'm going to block FB messages from being sent to my hotmail account, too.
Post a Comment