Getting my SHG done tomorrow. Hurray. Here's how you know the IF-treatment romance is over: I didn't shave my legs or trim my naughty bits. It never crossed my mind, nor do I care. hahaha
Whole body hurts. Am worried about these tremors all over my body; they're not visible, and not enough to stop me from doing daily tasks, but they're frequent and annoying. DH wants me to go to the doctor, but I don't know where I'm going to find a gp. I feel as though I'm 62 years old, in both mind and body.
DH started the heavy-dose antioxidant therapy yesterday. I think the product is from Coast Reproductive Male Fertility, or something like that. So expensive - $90 per month. Lots of folic acid, vitamin C, selenium, glutathione, relora, co-q10, etc. So it's 4 of those pills every day (plus the pycnogenol). A fellow patient at my clinic says that the supplement did make a difference in her partner's s/a, so that's good. Doesn't mean that I think anything will happen in our case, but if anything did, I'd fall over in shock and awed joy, of course.
If you knew us in real life, you'd be shocked at DH's lifestyle changes. He's lost 40 pounds in the last year or so, he plays hockey and golf, and he eats so much healthier - and he likes it! Former Mr Potato Chips eats very little junk now, complains all over the place if he doesn't get two extra-large salads every day, and says now he prefers our food to restaurants. If we do eat junk like McDonald's, he grumbles later about not feeling good. So ladies, there is hope for guys!
And eating healthy doesn't mean tasteless food. Far from it, actually. I made salads and pizza today, and it was delish. Tasty crisp whole grain crusts (whole wheat flour and ground flaxseed) and homemade sauce. One pizza was Greek, so I used roast beef slices, feta cheese, tomato slices, green peppers, olives, and purple onions, plus a drizzle of Greek salad dressing. The other was Italian-ish, so I used proscuitto (sp?), provolone, and mushrooms, plus Italian seasonings. Easy on the cheese and heavy on the veggies. So friggin good, and it'll last for 3 dinners.
Oh, my omega-3 update. We're eating more salad dressings that are hemp- and canola-based. We're adding more flaxseed to salads and cereals. And when we fly back home later this week, I'll pick up hemp seed for a more reasonable price than I'll find out here. If you've never eaten hemp seed, you should try it. Tastes so good - fresh and nutty - and it's ridiculously nutritious: full of essential fatty acids and amino acids - I think it forms a complete protein. Lots of vitamins and minerals, too.
Alas, I am having no luck on kicking the caffeine addiction, guys. I cannot kick my one-cappuccino-per-day habit. I think I need an intervention. Or am I allowed to keep this one vice?
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
SHG and diet
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 11:16 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Sounds like you guys are on the right track! We make homemade whole grain pizza all the time - I love your Greek recipe. I'll have to add it to the menu. The hemp seeds have intrigued me...
Oh, Jesus, keep your one cuppa day! I tried to give that up for good, then finally realized I was just miserable. So now I just stop after the retrieval. I figure that gives my body a few days to get used to it before the embryos come home to roost.
I wish I could get my man to eat healthy and lose weight. As it is, he's had to give up all drinking (it's been almost a year and a half since he's had even a beer) and all smoking (he was a social smoker). And it's done bupkis for his sperm quality. Grrr...
I really appreciate your comments on my blog about back pain. I really think there's nothing scarier--having your spine hurt is so primal, so basic. I just hate feeling like I'm 80.
Except maybe the tremors are scarier. I hope you find someone good to look into that soon. I had a friend go through tingling and tremors, but the doctors never found a cause. It eventually just faded away. (I think she started taking anti-anxiety meds, but I don't know if that's why.)
Anyway, I really hope you feel better soon. It's just way too much to deal with on top of IF.
Babychaser: Yeah, back pain is misery personified. Everything hurts when my back hurts. It totally wrecked my posture, too, and I've spent years to 'bend' it back to where it should be. Had to stop TTC for a year or two because of the pain. So I have miles of sympathy for you.
Post a Comment