Bloated. Constipated. So sick this morning. Woozy feeling in the head.
I'm on Percocet now. It's all good. It's not Swine Flu; rather, as WiseGuy aptly pointed out to me, it's No-Wine Flu. True, true! Meanwhile, DH is busy with beer and everything else I wouldn't let him have for the last 3 months! At least, that's what he says, anyway. (It's a 2 beers/week habit. Oooooh, bad boy. lol)
______________________________________
DH and I had an interesting exchange about the possibility of leftover embies. Having extra embies is obviously not something we're counting on - it's a ridiculously unthinkable luxury to us - but the discussion had to be had again. Because you never know.
(Remember that DH was always in favour of discarding extras, while I wanted to donate. And we'd hoped for at least one child, but in the best-case scenario, we'd love to have 2 or 3.)
DH walks in the door from work.
OHW: Hi Honey! Only one died! We still have 15!
DH: Wow. [He gives me a big hug and takes a deep breath.] What are we gonna do with them all? I guess we might end up with lots of kids?
OHW: I don't know. Lots of them will probably die before transfer, anyway. But if not ... I don't want to lose any of them.
DH: I don't want to get rid of any, either. [He says sadly.] I thought if we had extra we should give them to this couple I know, but their lives are so different from ours, and they do drugs so often.
OHW: Yeah, I hear ya. It would be nice to give them to people we know really well, so they can grow up in their own culture and stuff. We could see how they're doing and know that they're ok.
DH: Yeah.
OHW: Maybe if my brother and SIL have problems, we could donate to them?
DH: I think so.
Wow. At least the possibility of donation isn't anathema to him anymore. I never pressured him on this at all; I felt we both had to be in agreement to donate. So this is good. I feel that if (ha!) we do end up in that situation, and we're still on the same page, opportunities will present themselves to us.
But I'm jumping waaaaaaaaay ahead of myself. Let's just see if we make it to the five-day transfer with anything. I just warned DH about the 'normal' rate of attrition, so he wouldn't be in shock if/when half of them suddenly conk out.
THANK YOU for all the prayers, good vibes, and well wishes - I appreciate them more than you'll ever know.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
i hope we didn't jinx ourselves
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:27 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I am soooooo very glad that your DH thinks donation is the right way of discarding the extras....discarding is such a rude word though!!!
Just go to the window and check...the sun has been dancing up and down the bosom of the sky!!!
All the very best!
I agree: discarding is a terrible word. There's no good word for something sad like that. I guess 'discard' is least emotional term for it, because who wants to say 'destroy' or 'kill'? Hm.
You're very poetic - though I did look outside, and there's no dancing sun! Just rain and gloom. lol
Here via the roundup, wishing all the very best :)
Prayers for you and your babies...
LOLOL...You have no imagination....
Wise: Whaaaat? *Pretends to sulk* lol
Post a Comment