Makes me laugh every.single.time. (It's divided into 3 posts because of the length.)
I just can't decide: Mortimer and Mykkalah or Mickey and Maddysynn??!!!! hahaha
Poll Options
Naming your child with the help of IVFC? Will you take our advice?
--> Yes, I will actually name my child based on popular consensus here on these threads
--> No, I only posted this thread so I could call you out as an a-hole if you don't like my choice in names
Irnldy: Warning, Sarcastic Baby Names Poll Mtnd
Just wondering......
Amberl: not sure I should admit this I go to the name board, and vote for the name I hate.
Irnldy: LOL Amber, I don't vote anymore. I suddenly realized how silly I think it is. Even if you can't choose, would you really put it to a group of utter strangers (and possible lunatics (there I go thinking of me again) to name your hard fought for baby?
Bookworm: I sort of want to start a poll asking "Should I name my twins Mortimer and Mickey or Dweezil and Dewey? Or if they're both girls, how about Mykkalah and Maddysynn or Doris and Delphina? Or if they're b/g twins, how about Mortimer and Mykkalah, or should I go for Mickey and Maddysynn or Dweezil and Doris? (I just am not crazy about Dewey and Delphina together.)"
I swear I'd get some feedback from folks who just love the originality. That board used to be kind of neat, but it's all polls now.
Yeah, if my husband and I can't come up with good names on our own, I'll be sure to rely on total strangers' opinions. (Though I must admit, we scrambled to come up with a name for J at the last minute, and my husband finally suggested the name that we chose. It's a great name, if I do say so myself. Turns out my husband had it in mind because it was the name of a tech person at our dsl service provider whom he had spoken with earlier in the day!)
longday: Anyway, of course I rely on strangers' opinions...that's how I came up with Little Bum...I posted a poll asking if the preference was Little or Bum and somebody cleverly suggested combining the two! What a perfect idea!!! Can't believe I didn't think of it myself.
RachelK: Is there a third choice? I haven't been on that board for a long time but I liked it better the way it was before. It was interesting to see WHY people liked or disliked a certain name...who cares about numbers of people. One of my goals was to pick a name that WASN'T too trendy or popular but I didn't want to choose anything weird or ugly, either.
longday--lol. I am dying to know what name you actually did pick. I could use a good laugh.
moremuffintops: Bookworm, I really like Maddysyn but wouldnt it be better spelt Maadiscynne???
LD, I could sure do with a laugh too
I liked 'Sage' but couldnt get that past DH. I also like 'Ariel", not knowing about TLM (now DD's fave!). Luckily DH is very conservative: DD has red hair.S
[a troll intervenes on the thread; the vets fight back. same old, same old.]




1 comments:
I had a good laugh. Little Bum is cute.
Post a Comment