CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 27, 2009

egg retrieval

Nervous.

My first egg retrieval was some of the worst pain ever. I felt everything through the sedation. The nurses had to hold me down, and then I vaguely recall being propped up near the end because my ovaries were giving the doctor trouble. Finally - after they kept increasing the meds - I passed out.

Please don't get me wrong, though - I am not complaining. I'm thrilled to be in this position, so lucky.

And to change the subject, I'm off to self-administer the enema. Wish me luck. ;) lol

9 comments:

Kate said...

Hope it was successful. I can't say they've ever had trouble finding my ovaries on the scan, but I guess I'd rather do the lovely enema than run into issues during retrieval. Hope you're taking a nice ativan tonight to get a good night's sleep.
Can you believe how dumb I am about the Gonal-F? I think I'll have to confess to Jen tomorrow morning. Or maybe not, cause then she'd know I've been using extra pens I already had, rather than the multiple smaller ones I had them give me as refills.
I'm sure he'll make sure to give you good drugs tomorrow. Fentanyl and versed are supposedly great!

Britt said...

Oh wow, that sounds so lovely! lol Please know I will be praying for you tomorrow :) I hope that they give you some strong meds to knock you out from the very beginning so you don't have to go through that pain.

..al said...

All the very best!!! I hope that it will be lesser of a trouble this time!!!

Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry. I felt nothing during mine, that sounds horrible. Is the enema doctor ordered?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just read your previous post that answered my question. That's what I get for reading top to bottom instead of bottom to top!

pcosdc said...

I think you are in your egg retrieval as I write this. I'm thinking of you and hoping that it is going well!

Michele said...

Sending you positive vibes!

Barefoot said...

Good luck! I hope that this retrieval is pain-free!

one-hit_wonder said...

Afewgood: Yes, the enema was doc-ordered, just to keep freer access to the ovaries.