{Deleted info.] Anyway, regarding said now-destined-to-fail IVF: that news was good. My antral follicle count was 20, which was basically the same as last time, and my hormone levels were perfect. That is something to be grateful for, and I am. Did the first Puregon injection tonight - 125 units. Going in Monday morning to see what's shaking.
Need to find an acupuncturist for ER. Must also remember to stop taking coenzyme q-10 after retrieval.
Wish there were some way we could monitor the sperm situation, too. DH has been on the RE-recommended vitamins for almost three months now, plus he's taking pycnogenol and fish oil capsules (certified mercury-free). And eating mostly organic foods, and exercising a lot more.
It is too much to hope for to get a baby out of all of this. (And then, as a bonus, to say sayonara to high school after Christmas.)
Please don't say: be optimistic, think positive, at least you got a job, at least you have good hormones, keep a stiff upper lip. I can't handle hearing that right now.
Friday, April 17, 2009
general crap news (except for the IVF front - so far, at least)
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:34 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Hey! I just ordered my DH a refill of pycnogenol. He has been taking it for a few months. Do you know if it really works? Also why do you have to stop taking CoQ10 before ET? Sorry about all the news. Your AFC is great though. I don't know what I would do with 20 follies. Thanks for all the support on my blog.
Can't believe what they have done to you...especially if everything so strong on your resume...you deserve an explanation...totally! What crap level are they evaluating?
Atleast the follie count is good....but it is a total what-the-hell at your university....
I'm rooting for you on all fronts. You seem to be a dynamic, intelligent and funny woman. We need more of you in the universe.
Just wanted to send hugzz! I have some understanding of how you feel. I have spent 10 years of my life being a nurse and the last 2 teaching nurses - which I love. But I know I am underpaid and could do so much more - I have a Master's degree. I am now working on my PhD and wonder if this is a waste of time and money because I feel like my ideas are unoriginal. One thing I wanted to share is a comment my mentor made about original ideas. She reminded me that some of the biggest contibutions to scholarly work are additions and improvement to what is already out there. That has made me feel more confident about what I am doing. I hope it helps you.
I really feel saddened and also outraged by this. Hope the principal can provide some answers as to what happened there. Arrggggh!!!
Yippeeee for your follicle count. More eggs to play around with after retrieval.
Why do you have to stop CQ10 after retrieval? I didn't know that.
Hope you're feeling better after the job news and I hope they call you back and give you the job of your choice.
Well, I'm glad to hear the antrals and bloodwork looked good, but I'd be shocked and pissed on the job front too. I hope someone can give you some answers, cause how much more qualified can you get?
So sorry to hear that that's not working out the way you wanted.
Post a Comment