CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Looks as though you're reading words from a high school English teacher.

If the IVF works, I'll be in the position of working full-time until January, but getting paid part-time. The job isn't full-time over the course of the year: it's a full load until January, and then moves to a 3/4 load. But the pay is averaged out. So I have to phone a lawyer at our teachers' society to ask for advice on that.

DH has likely found work: setting up a company with a handful of other guys. Odds are that they'll make a killing, but he and I wouldn't see each other much for the first few years, since he'd be running around for his work. He'll be very good at it, but I worry that he won't have enough time for his hobbies. But that will all work itself out, I guess.

My thesis isn't as bad as I was making it out to be. In terms of my current field, Education, what I'm doing is cutting-edge and even avant-garde. But I'm borrowing a lot of things from the arts and humanities, especially English, and I know that people in English would view my work very negatively, including saying that it's not original enough. I guess I still want to measure up in the English department, but I don't.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. You did all make me feel a bit better.

Am definitely feeling my ovaries. I go in for monitoring tomorrow. I don't have any expectations. If anything, I'm guessing that because of the conservative dose, I'll have only a few follies, and we'll have to cancel and start over again.

Blegh.

3 comments:

HC said...

Good Luck for u/s tomorrow. That would be how many days of Stims tomorrow?

one-hit_wonder said...

Thanks.

Three days of stims (i.e., I take my third shot tonight).

loribeth said...

Catching up on the last few days of posts! Glad to hear there is positive news on the job front for both of you -- & sounds like your thesis is going well too! Good luck with the rest of your cycle!