
4 a.m. - I woke up to two little electrical explosions in my ovaries, one on each side.
Got up at 5:30, and noticed:
- no ewcm - all dried up
- no ovarian pain - couldn't feel anything
- sore bbs - even my armpits hurt
What does that spell in TTC-land?
So I panicked, and DH ended up missing work to take me to the clinic. (I had monitoring, anyway, but DH came because he freaked, too.)
I couldn't feel the dildo cam poking around, really, and normally that isn't a pleasant feeling. But ... the u/s lady said all looked well, and the nurse confirmed it. 30+ follies - she's estimating that we'll get at least 20 eggs, though we don't know, of course, how many will be mature, or what the quality will be like.
*Massive sigh of relief*
IVF is such a mind-f*#&. I know my body so well, and it doesn't lead me astray. My body tells me how to make decisions, when to phone somebody, when to go for a walk (so that along the way I get a great idea), when I'm going to get sick, when I ovulate, and even when I was going to miscarry. So it pisses me off that I misread my cues.
Anyway, I'll get over it.
I'm cautiously thrilled. This cycle is going too well. I'm not used to TTC things going according to plan. We're still on schedule to do the retrieval on Tuesday.
The nurse found it odd that I felt fine, since they're worried about hyperstimming, so I've been placed on the OHSS protocol: lots of salt, measured fluid intake, etc. I am not a big salt fan, but I'll do whatever I have to do, obviously. I'll load up on V-8 juice.
More monitoring tomorrow, since my estrogen skipped up to 5,400.
Also, I went for acupuncture today at a new place. (I'm going to go again Monday, and then either the day before transfer, or ET day itself - the nurse thought acu was a good idea.) I love acu. Dozed off for at least 15-20 minutes, after my body fought it for a while (I have a sleep disorder, so I always get the shakes before I finally fall asleep), and that was lovely! The doctor missed removing one needle, though, and so I yelped when I dropped my heavy skirt over it! Youchie!
Thank you so much for the sweet and helpful comments, everybody.
xxx
Friday, April 24, 2009
update
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 6:38 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
wow. That's a lot of follicles (how big are they now, out of curiosity), though at least your E2 is staying in check right now. Have they altered your meds at all since you started stims?
I hope I have a few more join in with the 9 that are already >10mm. I think there may still be hope of that, though I'm not sure.
I was wondering if you'd had to ditch your DH to come over and chat this morning - very nice of him to come in with you. I don't think mine has been to more than 5-6 appointments total with me, and definitely never to monitoring.
Keep the good news coming. Trigger Sunday night then? I have a bad feeling I'll end up triggering on Tues night for a Thurs retrieval when I've got mock oral exams that afternoon at the university and am on call that night. As long as things keep on progressing well, I don't care.
It's hard to believe my E2 is finally after 7 days of stims nearly where yours was after the first 3. I must be a real slowpoke!
You mean I can playfully call you a dork and get away with that? Seriously? That's awesome!
Ha Ha Ha!
All the very very very very very best! You have got good numbers going there...
Good Luck!
Wise: I've been called a dork all my life, so one more birdie calling out "Nerd!" won't be anything new! ;)
Awww....you are turning into Gandhi...
No offence intended!
Post a Comment