CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

symptom update



Ewcm started today, and boy can I ever feel the exact location of my ovaries. I don't think I'll be stimming the 12 days for which Dr H was planning. I pray that the quality of my eggs isn't affected by this: I am praying for 8-12 healthy and normal eggs ... please please please.

Lupron's giving me mild headaches off and on, as well as hot flashes, but none of it is anything intolerable. If that's a sign of what menopause will be like, I'll take it!

I think today I finished writing the first draft of my thesis, so I'm in a state of shock. I still have a lot of research and revising to do, but that's peanuts compared to what I've done so far. DH is going to be so happy with me. :) My advisor is going to be shocked: she is under the impression that I've done only a few chapters. What can I say?: I work well unsupervised. lol But I need her honest and brilliant feedback so I can continue to improve what I've done.

Am getting excited about my new job, and have already started planning. That's a good sign. My mentor is going to work with me in my classroom, and that will help so much.

Overall, a good day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that the luprins isn't killing you. I had INSANE headaches from it. YAY for your thesis. What an accomplishment.

Kate said...

Glad you're feeling happier on the job front. It's amazing how different people are - I feel absolutely no different from usual. No EWCM, no ovary twinges. Then again my E2 is way lower than yours. I think I'm just a slowpoke when it comes to growing eggs.
I'll probably go in around 8am tomorrow. When will you be there? I'm on call at night, so I'm sleeping in rather than showing up at my usual 6:45am.
Congrats on getting your first draft of your thesis done!

..al said...

Hey....I hope that you do turn out atleast 10 eggs!

Congrats on getting your first draft ready...lolol...I will tell you a secret...I work better when unsupervised too. I just need a background person, for in-case situation, otherwise I am fine!

Congrats again...and all the best for the new job!

Caz said...

very glad you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Yay, you're well on your way now. I can't imagine writing a thesis while going through IVF - you are a pro. I'm having trouble just putting on matching socks everyday!

Kate said...

Hey - it was nice to see you this morning! I was wondering if you were the nicely dressed very-young-looking lady, but was too shy to stand up in the main waiting area and ask if anyone was you. :)
Hope you're coming along better than I am - I've only had 2 join the party so far, supposedly at 10 and 9mm, and my E2 is still only 524. Not sure what to think (what with this being my first cycle), so I hope a few more show up really soon! I'm back in tomorrow to follow the sizes more closely since I'll start orgalutran when one hits 13-14mm.