CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

not an april fool's joke

A friend back home just announced that she's expecting her fourth child.

I bet she just peed on a stick. I bet she's not even 14 dpo. For her second child, DH was the first person she told ... because she'd just gotten a BFP, and was only 10 dpo. I kid you not: she ran straight out of the bathroom and told the first person she saw.

She has absolutely no clue that her tra-la-la reproductive experiences are not mirrored by everybody.

Oh, the audacity. I wonder what that feels like, to get pregnant whenever you want, by having sex, and never even consider the what-if's: miscarriage, stillbirth, prematurity, birth defects, etc. I wonder what she'd say if she ever didn't get pregnant when she wanted to.

April Fool's joke? I doubt it.

Yeah, I'm jealous. Ironically, I'm wearing green today, too!

I know she loves her children, but she complains about them all.the.time. I just ignore it. Why is she having another one, then?


__________________

On another note, five more things for which to be grateful:

-my red high heels
-the relatively decent weather where I live now (compared to the mess back home of snow, floods, closed highways, drenched basements, etc.)
-the fact that I'm going to meet one of my favourite poets this weekend - I have loved his work forever...
-my cup of jasmine green tea with honey - a most delightful scent
-uninterrupted time to write during the last year or so

7 comments:

Felicia said...

Those shoes are definately something to be grateful for. They are really cute!!

Sending hugz because I know how you feel. I am trying not to knock over my co-worker who just announced she is 5 months pregnant with her third, who is yet another "mistake!" I would just love to experience that type of mistake without even trying. I am trying not be jealous because I know it is not the christian thing to say. But I guess I need to give it up ... I am jealous.

Really loving my blocked tubes right now!

loribeth said...

I wonder too. :(

I remember last year on April Fool's Day, I walked into a card shop, only to be beaten over the head by a display of Mother's Day cards & paraphernalia. Ugh.

Not sure where you live now, but I know the weather back "home" is awful. Thankfully my parents live away from the flood areas. It was raining here this morning, but at least it wasn't snow. I guess we can't complain too much, can we? ; )

Britt said...

I wonder what that would be like too :(

I also don't find it one bit funny that people for some reason think it's hilarious to tell people they are pregnant for an April Fool's joke--if only it were that easy.

L-O-V-E the shoes!!!!!

PCOSDC said...

Amen sister!

My sister in law just announced her pregnancy at 8 weeks. First try of course! How I would love to get pregnant and actually believe that I would end up with a baby 9 months later, I WISH!

I'm green too.

Victoria said...

You're funny, OHW. Like your shooes.

one-hit_wonder said...

Felicia: Thanks, you're sweet!
Honestly, I think it's okay to feel jealous - I have realized by now, after talking with hundreds of women in the same shoes (no, not red ones, but you kwim! lol), that this feeling is normal. It sucks and makes us feel like terrible people, sure, but it's normal. Infertility just does that. :(

Lori: Oh, I'm glad your parents are ok. Was going to tell you (re: your Winkler comment) that there's another great little soup-and-dessert shop there by the post office. So cheap, and all homemade.

Britt: I knew you'd luv my shoes! heehee

Victoria: ;)

PCOS: I'm pm'ing you on FB - that just sucks rot for you.

'Murgdan' said...

Tra-la-la is serious! Is this my sister you're talking about? Because it sounds mysteriously like her.

Nice shoes...and that green tea DOES sound divine!