DH came home after having too many beers. Despite the doctor's recommendation (and my request) that he not have more than 1 or 2 at a time. I didn't even have the energy to get mad about it. Then when I asked him again if he could limit himself for the foreseeable future, he casually agreed, meanwhile pouring himself a glass of champagne. I got upset then and commented on how I'm busting my ass to try for a baby, and doing all the work. He went to bed, and now I'm never going to fall asleep tonight.
I do not know why he's doing this. He's not a big drinker, and only ever has more than a few when he's depressed about losing his dad (and I can understand that). But other than that ... I say 'please don't have more than a few per week (as per doctor's orders),' and then he's GOT to test the limits. I know he didn't do it deliberately to upset me. So WHY, then? Why jeopardize all of our work, money, and emotions? Studies show that alcohol is not kind to sperm. So why can't he just forget about booze - or just drink casually - until we're done TTC? Is he trying to sabotage this on a subconscious level?
Friday, January 16, 2009
DH and booze
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 11:06 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment