Am having second thoughts about an immediate IVF. What's the point, if the sperm are so crappy, and the clinic has no further suggestions for us, other than 'try again.' If we tried to get into one of the Toronto clinics that actually tests for male factor (e.g., DNA fragmentation), maybe we could try getting newer sperm from a testicular biopsy. What is that called - TESE?
I don't know what to think or do. Is it worthwhile to waste another $10-12000 (basically, all of our savings) on an IVF attempt when we already know that the embies will be of poor quality? When we know that the sperm can't drive the embie development? When we know what the likely outcome will be? What would you do if you were me (or my DH)?
Also, we're going back home in February, plus I have a conference to attend, so I don't know if I want to be all red-eyed during that time.
I'm not at all talkative today. Think I'm going to walk to Starbucks, and maybe read there for a bit. I ordered a stack of books through www.bookcloseouts.com, and I'm in the middle of Sweetness in the Belly. Ttyl.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 12:10 p.m.



