One of my dear friends passed this along to me. Thanks, Britt (sorry, I didn't see it until just now)!
The rules are you must list 5 addictions and pass it along to 5 people.
In no particular order:
1. Trying to conceive. It's not a 'ha ha' funny addiction. The only reason I'm not down in the dumps right now is because I know I can do IVF again this spring. It's an expensive, exhausting, and heartbreaking obsession.
2. Being a nerd. I don't look like a nerd anymore, but I still am in my heart. My favourite pastimes are reading and writing. I will read anything, but prefer fiction, memoirs, and essays by women, as well as poetry. Some of my favourite books are: Angela's Ashes (by Frank McCourt), The Good Earth (by Pearl S. Buck), Bitter Milk (by Madeleine Grumet), questions i asked my mother (by di brandt), and When Alice Lay Down with Peter (by Margaret Sweatman). And I love to write: my thesis, blogs, letters, poetry, essays, memoirs, fragments, anything.
3. Shopping for clothes and accessories. Oh yes. I am fond of beautiful clothing and jewelry. It takes me three hours to get out of Macy's (we don't have that store in Canada). I like Calvin Klein, BCBG, Free People, kensie, Le Chateau, etc. All the expensive stuff. If I had the moola, I'd be into Jean Paul Gaultier, Vivienne Westwood, Prada, and D&G. I settle for the consignment shops on Queen's Street West in Toronto. Sadly, due to how much money goes to doctors, I don't indulge this obsession much anymore.
4. Food. I love small independent restaurants, especially ones that have food from different countries: Ethiopian, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Thai, French, Italian, Mexican, Indian, etc, etc. Not much I don't like, except for the food from my own culture. lol Our food is boooooring. Fried everything, especially pork products and white carbs. (Grrrrreat food to grow up on, especially if you have PCOS. Mm hm.)
5. Watching good television, since I'm not into movies, really. My favourite shows are ones with a social bite, like Titus, The Colbert Report, All in the Family, and M*A*S*H.
Now I have to find people to pass this on to...
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
5 addictions
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 10:57 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
1. I totally understand
2. I'm a nerd too!
3. I LOVE shopping! P.S. I think I've told you before but you have amazing style!
4. unfortunately this one gets me into some trouble but i love food too & like to try different kinds
5. I used to watch MASH all the time!
Thanks for sending me the list idea - it was fun!
I have been in love with Hawkeye Pierce since I was 5 years old. My mom even remembers this about me, and she has the shortest memory ever. lol
Post a Comment