CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

appointments

So DH's appointments are starting to trickle in.

We're going back to TO this week for karyotyping. Semen culture, routine s/a, and the DNA integrity assay are arranged for late February. Just waiting to hear from the urologist for the rest of the tests. I'm guessing that that will be at the end of Feb, too.

(I also have to go in during my next af for a sonohysterogram. Since I seem to be on yet another never-ending cycle, since the IVF traumatized my lone working ovary, I guess I'll have to induce af at some point and then get that SHG done, so that Hannam gets the results sooner rather than later.)

And then our follow-up with Hannam is in the beginning of March. I hope all the test results are in at that point. And then we'll have a better idea of what to do. Wow, we could be starting IVF again in March/April. It's not really that far away.

In the meantime, DH wants to do the expensive vitamin regimen. And he has lost a lot of weight. Since we moved here around a year and a half ago, he's lost over 30 lbs. I wish I could lose weight so easily. lol Of course, we had the alcohol battle again last night, since we were out with his colleagues/fellow hockey players. *Rolls eyes*

And as for me, I'm going to cut the caffeine (starting, um, next week - lol), as well as alcohol (I'm not a big drinker, though), and continue with the organic diet and 5x/week exercise program. Throw some yoga in here and there. Think I'll cut down on the carbs. I don't think I'll do acupuncture again, except for the pre- and post-transfer sessions (which my insurance will cover). It just all costs too much.

Speaking of which, we've gotta figure out where to take the funds from. Either our house-down-payment account or our retirement savings. Yuck. But we need that money just for half of the cycle - we can pay for the rest with our income tax refund and my final quarterly paycheque this summer.

$$$$$$$$$...............

1 comments:

Britt said...

I know it's all so "scientific" but I still don't understand why they have to charge an arm & a leg for all of this. Absolutely ridiculous! Sending grand $$$ vibes your way ;)