Well, the panic set in today. You knew that was gonna happen. I'm getting anxious about whether or not this worked. What worries me is that the embie was only a grade 2, 5-cell 'specimen.' But it did resume growing after the thaw, so that's the most important thing. See, I am trying to 'stay positive' (blech).
Christmas is simply the worst time of year for infertile women. First: it's about a baby. The product of a virgin birth, at that (divine artificial insemination in a manner of speaking, though, I suppose). Second (related to my first point): it's all about the kids. Babies, toddlers, children, and pg women are the centre of attention. It's what I dread. Plus I despise the commercial nature of the day. Buy, buy, buy. I like to shop, but not when I'm forced to do so because TV commercials say I have to empty my wallet.
And the season drags on and on for months. October to December.
At least I've had a reprieve this year. We're 2000 km away from family, so we had a laidback day. No presents, no decorations, no weather worries, and no pg nieces. It was nice. We went to see the new Jim Carrey flick, and it was ok. But I picked today, of course, to start worrying.
It's a weird time to be cycling, too. A bad time to be disallowed from coffee, chocolate, and booze! I've not been good on the chocolate front this time, as I like a chunk of fair trade chocolate every now and then. Whatever.
At least I got 1 Christmas during which I could treat myself as though I'm pg. More than I expected, and I'm glad for it.
Hope you all made it through the day.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
xmas
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 10:07 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment