An Awkward but True Infertility Tale
I live in a city that is located in a densely populated area, in an apartment that is nowhere near any nice part of town. The elevators in this highrise never ever work (as you may remember from my last climb-down-35-flights-of-stairs-to-get-to-the-RE-on-time fiasco).
So an hour ago, DH and I were on our floor, waiting for an elevator so we could get groceries. The elevators are all shot to hel!, as usual. A tall, dark, handsome couple comes out to wait, too, with their young child in tow. I glance over at the female half because she looks familiar.
We all board the elevator, finally, with this woman wedged into the corner beside me. And then the elevator got stuck. I thought, "Uh oh, what if we're stuck here for ages - I need my Estrace and progesterone!"
And then it hit me: that woman is one of my 4 REs!
And then I kept giggling in my head at the surreal-ness of it all: here I'm wondering about my meds, and about pee sticks, AND in this elevator are two people who've seen my vagina, and one of them doesn't even know it! (Although she glanced over a few times, so I think she found my face familiar.) So I thought, "Oh gosh, I should ask her out of the blue if she carries extra estrogen and butt bullets - that would be hilarious."
Yes, this could happen to only me.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
story
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 6:53 p.m.



