CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Things to avoid

I e-mailed my TCM doctor, since af seems to have arrived, and said I thought we'd try the FET on our lone frostie, if the clinic isn't already booked up.

She said I should continue my medications (they're mostly to restore good circulation and to warm my body), and said I'm supposed to:

  • eat lots of red meat (barf), seafood, and two eggs every day (1 in the morning and 1 in the evening)
  • stop heavy exercise
  • listen to nice music, like CBC Radio 2
  • avoid unpleasant things, like the news (and how can I do that? - have you seen the Canadian political soap opera lately?)
She said, as well, that I should think positive. (Of course.) Can't remember the other stuff, and can't get into my e-mail account to check it. I've buggered up my laptop somehow.

I guess I should phone the clinic to say that af has begun. And pick up the meds, and all that jazz. Blah, wonder how I'm gonna pay for this. We also have to repeat our infectious diseases panel, since our previous results have expired.

We'll be at the clinic tonight, as well, since the monthly support group meets today. We've never gone before; I'm going only for DH's sake. If anyone tells me to think positive, I'm outta there.

Back to 'avoid unpleasant things.' Here is a preliminary list of things to avoid, then:
  • the newspaper (my paper of choice is featuring appalling details of court cases involving child abuse and murder, so can't look at that)
  • home (which is 2000 km away, thank goodness)
  • Facebook (baby updates and ultrasound pics in every woman's status, and when they write on my wall,they leave behind their u/s pics for me to see every time I look at my FB - yay)
  • malls (new mommies pushing prams around and bitching about their lost figure and lack of coin and lack of sleep - aw, so sad)
  • TV (there is not ONE thing on right now that doesn't involve babies and/or pregnancy and/or 'family' talk, especially since it's Christmastime)
  • telephone (inevitable talk about all my friends and cousins who are expecting)
  • Disneyland (unfortunately, since DH and I were tossing around the idea of going there later this month - it's a cheap vacay)
  • my iPod (unless I lose all the depressing music on it)
So the gym is safe, but I'm not really supposed to work out. What else? A hoity-toity (sp?) organic fair-trade coffee shop, as long as I ignore the stacks of newspapers ready for perusal. Oh, and must avoid coffee, so that's a problem. Um... An R-rated flick at the movie theatre, but I don't really care for movies. And R-rated films aren't going to be calming. lol (Any suggestions for movies, by the way? I do think I want to see Twilight - though, most shockingly, I haven't read the book yet.)

Guess I've gotta insulate myself somehow, though, to give our '13%-chance-of-working' frostie a shot.

In the meantime, DH's new vitamins and supplements arrived in the mail, so I'll get him started on all that today. I don't expect that they'll make a difference, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try it out.

Ciao for now,

One-hit_wonder

0 comments: