CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

the brat that i am

Ok, my bratty episode of FB status-manipulation has backfired on me. *Siiiiigh* The only people who commented/e-mailed were my fellow infertiles, so that makes me feel bad. And my DH says that I am definitely not getting lobster ravioli or champagne this weekend. So my childish episode is over. lol

To console myself, I've made carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (all organic, whole grain, etc.). And it tastes delightful. I don't like chocolate (yes, I told you I'm odd), but I'm very fond of 'old granny' desserts like date squares, apple pie, homemade doughnuts, lemon meringue pie, etc.

Anyway, af didn't start today by my clinic's standard (must have gotten a heavy flow by 4 p.m.), so tomorrow counts as CD1, and the first day of Estrace. Must remember to pick the drugs up.

Also, didn't go to the support group, after all. I don't feel that it'll do me much good (so DH said not to worry about it). I mean, what could be said that hasn't been said before? And if anyone told me to keep my hopes up, I don't know how I'd react, and I couldn't be held responsible for any damages. I don't know. Probably, if the group is led by a capable and sensitive facilitator, my relationship could stand to benefit from the meetings. I mean, DH doesn't talk to me about our situation - he just listens to me blather on about it - but he'd be more likely to speak with other people around, particularly since most of them would be in a similar situation. Maybe we should give it a chance? I'll ask DH if he wants to try a January meeting - we can always leave if we don't like it.

In the meantime, I'm off to Toronto tomorrow for a meeting - maybe I'll get some shopping in. Must buy new underwear, since I am in fact allergic to almost all my current undies. Ok, now I'm just talking nonsense.

0 comments: