First monitoring appointment. Lab tech almost made me tear out my hair when she said, "Well, you'll be waiting a while (*insert my stopped heart here*) .... no follicles yet." Um, I already said I was doing an FET, so thanks for the heart attack for nothing! (Am wondering, though, why there are no follies. That IVF really put my ovaries through the wringer.)
Anyway, got the blood and ultrasound done just before 8, and picked up the progesterone supps, just in case, since my lining is already at 9 mm (doc wants to see 8). The nurse also pissed me off when she chirped that the early morning monitoring sessions were "good practice for babies who cry all night." I was having none of that, and said sourly that I'd LOVE to be up all night and early in the morning for a baby, but not this waste of time. Can you tell I'm not a morning person? lol
Then DH decided that we needed to go shopping in Buffalo for the day, which was really great. I got a few tops on sale at Macy's, we had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, etc. (Of course, I had to be privy to a fifteen-year-old girl's pregnancy announcement to her friends, right in the middle of the Macy's Christmas rush. And her friends all counselled her that she shouldn't have had unprotected sex ("just for the two days in the middle of your cycle! - any other day would've been fine!"). It was surreal. I didn't know if I should jump in to enlighten them or what. ???
DH insists that this cycle will work. He's getting the 'prayer team' (his sister and one of his brothers) on board, without actually telling them what it's about. He says we're having a girl, and that all of the excess estrogen running around will be the death of him; he'll most likely have to build an apartment above his garage and live there. I pleaded with him not to get my hopes up. I'm happy that he is hopeful, though. Just because hope doesn't live here anymore doesn't mean that I don't want others to feel it.
Now, the message from the clinic is that my estrogen level is at 1105 (I think?), which the nurse says is low, but not "too bad."So now I have to take half of my Estrace vaginally, to try boosting the number. Woo hoo, party in my cervix! Bring your own fluids! Haha.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Monitoring
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 8:54 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment