CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

No phone call!

No phone call!!! :) :) :)

I still can't believe it.

I set my alarm to 7:15 a.m. to drink my 3-5 glasses of water (which is highly unnecessary in my case, I might add). Well, I woke up at 7 to DH hovering in front of my face with a bottle of water, asking me anxiously if I'd woken up on time for it. Scared me to death. lol (See, I told you he really is sweet.) So I downed 3 glasses - there was no way I was doing 5 - and we cuddled in bed for a while before we got up for the day. DH prayed in a way I've never seen him before - he talked with such confidence. We are not pray-out-loud people, so that was interesting to hear.

Got to the clinic fine - the bad weather let up for today, though we're supposed to get dumped on again tomorrow. As soon as we stepped inside, the nurse apologized to me for not phoning with the embie report this morning. I didn't know that she was supposed to do that, so I was so relieved that she had been too busy to call - I told her I would've had a heart attack if I'd heard the phone ring. And I thanked her for not calling. lol She said that the embie was fine this morning, and growing; and the assisted hatching went well. I was dumbfounded with joy and gratitude, and couldn't really say anything.

The transfer was fine - they just sent me to the bathroom first, since I was overflowing. The doctor came in and gave me the official report (one 5-cell, grade 2 embryo), they verified all info, and started the process. Then we discovered that DH and I share the same prairie hometown as the doctor, so the three of us started talking loudly and excitedly to each other - my legs and vagina waving in the air - about heaps of snow, potholes, icy cold, mosquitoes, friendly people, and an off-kilter sense of humour (yeah, we love our hometown, though everyone here makes fun of it, it's a great place to live). The nurse and lab tech just kinda stared at us. lol

So the embie is in, and I got a picture of it. And that's that. I go in in two weeks for the beta.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for all the prayers and well wishes and sujpport. I'm so grateful for everything, for all of this, to get a second chance.

0 comments: