I had the most tragic-comic start to the day. Ok, I live on the 35th floor of my building (in which the elevators are ALWAYS broken). So this morning I couldn't get any service at all. I waited 20 minutes for an elevator, then gave up and hoofed it down all 35 flights of stairs.
Then the weather worked against me. Hallmark Movie of the Week: 'The Infertile Woman Against the Elements.' (Except please do not get Tori Spelling to play my part.) The temp outside was actually lovely, but it was crazy windy and rainy. So I hobbled along on my jelly legs (going down stairs sounds easy, but I guess it's not, even though I am in shape) to the clinic, which is two miles away, and arrived, soaked and exhausted and 30 minutes late, for my booty call. lol
So, my lining is up to 10, which is great (and I am so grateful, since I know a lot of TTC'ers struggle with that). The doctor said he's guessing that my estrogen will have risen to an appropriate level, since I'm taking half of the Estrace vaginally (which is apparently more efficient), so he booked the FET. I start the progesterone tonight. Friday is the thaw, and if the embie survives - which is highly unlikely, I might add - the transfer is Saturday morning.
Apparently I have no follies, even though I'm on CD12. Not that it matters for an FET, but I'm concerned: how long will it take for my ovary to go back to 'normal' from the IVF drug assault?
Anyway, decided I would stop at a coffee shop for a few hours to dry out, wait for the elevators to be fixed, and read a thesis-related book. (And enjoy my last cappuccino until af arrives.) So I ordered my drink, sank into a lovely chaise, and then realized that I'd forgotten to pack my Estrace, and I needed to take two of them within an hour. I mentally cursed myself up and down, and now here I am at home, having fed my cervix with a little green pill. Lalala.
Oh, was going to say something about the Estrace. I saw green-tinged ewcm yesterday on the toilet paper, forgot I was on Estrace, and thought forlornly, "I really am a mutant." Then remembered that I'd shoved little green pills up there. lol DH is very grossed out by it all, so the only booty call I get is at the clinic. Haha.
Monday, December 15, 2008
monitoring
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 12:07 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment