CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 26, 2009

moving on monday

I won't be on much for a while. We're moving on Monday - it's a 22-hour drive, so we'll divvy that up into 3 days, at least - and I'll have sporadic internet connection until we find a place to live.

Good news: we're driving through the U.S., so I get to go shopping.

Bad news: I have no money, and besides, I don't know what kind of clothes to buy now. lol My clothes all still fit, but I have no idea how much longer that will last. I have enough tops to last through the 2nd tri, I think - since 'maternity' has most unfortunately been in mainstream style for the past few years - but I'll needs pants sooner rather than later.

Anyway, for a quick 411, overall I feel fine. Bbs don't hurt. Lower abdomen is crampy from time to time. Still get tired in the late morning. And still have a million food aversions. Have been eating very strangely, in my opinion. Yesterday and Wednesday, I ate Tim Horton's soups and biscuits .... four times! Their soups aren't even anything special. lol

And, in non-baby-related news, I must say how shocked I was about Michael Jackson's death. I was just a little kid when he was at the height of his fame, but I really like his music, especially from the Jackson Five, and his Thriller and Bad albums, of course. I always thought that if he ever got his act together and started touring again, I'd definitely go see him. Anyway, I guess it shouldn't have surprised anyone that it would end this way for him, but still. He seemed too iconic to ever die.

16 comments:

loribeth said...

Have a good (safe) trip! I made that drive (in reverse) with my parents many moons ago (June 1984), to attend my graduation at UWO in London -- we drove there via the States & then returned home the Canadian route via Sault Ste. Marie & Thunder Bay. There were points along the way where we couldn't even get in a radio station, not even CBC, that's how isolated it is. Dh & I have always flown, but my mother vows that he's going to drive some day, so that he can see just how far it really is!

"Thriller" & all the videos from it were absolutely huge the year I was at UWO. Driving there with my parents, we stayed at little motel in the northern peninsula in Michigan that had satellite TV with MTV. It was the first time I'd seen MTV & it seemed like all they were playing at that point were Michael Jackson & Madonna ("Like a Virgin" & "Borderline").

IF Optimist, then... said...

Best wishes for a safe and fun journey. I'll look forward to hearing about it when you return. :-)

Kristy said...

I'll miss you while you're away. Good luck with the move!

Michele said...

have a good move!

i recommend good yoga pants. they are the best pregnancy pants ever!

as to mj... maybe i'm in the minority, but i thought he was guilty of being a pedophile. i remember his super cool videos from the 80s as much as the next girl, but somewhere along the way, he made a u turn for the worst, at least imo. makes my stomach hurt...

Kate said...

Good luck with the move! What a huge adventure-- I hope the trip is uneventful and wonderful.

and oh, I am all about the biscuits.

be safe,
Kate

one-hit_wonder said...

Michele: Yeah, his relationships with children were inappropriate, but he was never convicted, so I don't make assumptions about what he did or didn't do. I feel strongly about this because one of my good friends was accused of child molestation (by a group of students who wanted to stir up trouble), and even though he was cleared of the charges (including the accusers admitting that they'd lied), he still lost his job and was ostracized by the community.

..al said...

Oh, Good Luck Moving! And Good Luck finding a nice cozy abode!

Will miss you in these days, and I hope that everything is well with you!

Am shocked about his death as well! Did not expect him to be gone so soon! Although I feel a bit unsettled about the controversies surrounding him, I think his music was stellar, atleast pre-Invincible. Stranger in Moscow, Earth Song and They Don't really are about us, are my favourites!

I really like the stand that you have taken. These celebrities have everything wrung out and hung for everyone to see and judge. The fact that he was not convicted is ample reason to consider him not a child molester.

You take care!

Clare said...

Good luck with the move! Will miss you while you're gone! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip!!

Glad you're feeling good and 'normal' - and I hear you on the food aversions. Except I cant be picky anymore, which sucks!

I couldn't find your email address to tell you I've moved to http://bythepricking.blogspot.com/.

As for MJ, not sure, I used to love him in high school, but kinda don't like the whole "not sure if he's a pedophile" thing. I don't claim to know much about the whole story, but why settle out of court if you're innocent? That kinda stuff really turned me off his music and him.

Take care!
S

Kate said...

Drive safe, and I hope the move goes smoothly.

Britt said...

Be safe & know that you will be missed :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move! I'll be doing that soon myself...blah. Probably just a few miles though thankfully. Just try to take it easy as much as possible.

..al said...

....was thinking of you, so I came over to your blog...

Hope everything is going smooth! All the best!

Victoria said...

Safe journey, go easy over potholes and bumps, protect the little bean.

Jackie said...

Hope you're surviving the move okay! It's great to read that you're doing well, and not having too many horrid symptoms. :) Good luck with finding a place to live... it'll probably be a little bit exciting now that you have an extra "consideration". ;) Well, maybe not exciting, but at least slightly more bearable.
Hopefully you get settled in soon!

..al said...

Hey there....hope you are safe and comfortable, wherever you are!

And I hope that you, Ninja and hubby are totally enjoying the move!