CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

6w6d

Interesting comments re: the very different OHSS protocols that doctors have. Very strange.

Yes, I have been instructed to drink between 1.5 - 2 litres of fluid per day, which must include some V-8 or chicken broth (for the sodium content). And no mention of Gatorade. Water was fine.

I dunno. I feel fine. I realize that OHSS can rear its head suddenly in the first trimester, so I'm being careful, but I don't think that an extra glass or two of water each day will hurt, especially since I get migraines without it. (Sorry for the repetition - just making justifications to myself!)

Anyway, I had to get up at 2 in the morning to eat, which I've never in my life done before, because I was starving. (Even though I ate an apple and some plain yogurt before I went to bed.) This is good (?).

And my acne is no longer reduced to just my forehead and nose. Yikes!

7 comments:

..al said...

Acne loves you!

I was asked to up my water intake when I was stimming...

Dunno about your eat-so-early part! Maybe, doctors want to prevent acidity...?

RRS: Thank You...I hope you have a nice week too..Sunday afternoons there is a line-up of all the Taboo episodes of the week - this Sunday it was on mating, pets and body modification..

WA?: Oh, I just scraped by!

Michele said...

ah 2am feedings. that is so me with every pregnancy. i am always so hungry. heck, i'm hungry now...

the misfit said...

I thought the early/often feeding was because your blood sugar drops (which causes morning sickness, right?). My stepmom, I remember, woke my father EVERY night to eat toast. If I were awake in the middle of the night, I would eat something more interesting than toast, but she wanted toast.

Clare said...

The acne does not sound fun! But at least you have a good reason for it - unlike those of us who still get the occasional outbreak! :s

Kate said...

All the symptoms sound positive so far! Hope you get good news on Friday. You deserve it!
My acne unfortunately has nothing to do with being pg :(

Victoria said...

I heard the gatorade isn't so healthy. I'd stick with the broth, boost...

I'll begrude the pregnancy, not the pimples (lol).

Anonymous said...

haha, you are an oily, greasy teenager all over again! :o)

Hooray the hormones are a flowin'! (in a good way)


- Ursula